I was held captive to false beliefs most of my life. If I came against my husband, I was coming against God. I would suffer for it, not him. It's a huge guilt trip to keep women pregnant and barefoot, while being abused.

My first session with Dr. Bob, I set my own rules. Don't ever come against my beliefs or faith. He told me he would never do that and if I felt he was, to tell him. But, my beliefs (false) began to change on their own during my sessions without him ever saying a word about it. To allow yourself to be abused (we allow it by staying) is not holy ground. It's unholy! It's a sad representation of God's love and what He wants for us.

When this minister told me this, I wasn't in shape to discount his words. I felt like I was in shock at this time. My new husband of one month had beat me to the point I should have been in the hospital. My soul and spirit were troubled, sick, sad, disappointed, scared and didn't know what to do or what to believe. There is that word again: confused.

I was also told that I had a "umbrella" covering that God gave me to protect me but when my husband didn't do God's will, it created holes in my umbrella and I would be the victim of acid rain that would leak onto me because of my husband's actions. I actually belived it! So, my efforts were directed to get him to be a better and holier man so I wouldn't get the acid rain. Can you believe it? I have trouble believing it myself today.

I kept my faith because I finally realized it wasn't any power making my husband abusive...it was a decision on his part. But, it has kept me from being a regular church attender. I am more of a spiritual woman today and it isn't based on rules and false doctrine. It's based on love and acceptance. God won't punish me for another's actions!!!

Boomer Queen of Shoes