I've known women who have done the same thing and burned the paper and let the ashes float into the air. I think it's a great idea. One woman took all of her abuser's old love letters and burned them in the desert. Some just throw them in the trash and burn a white candle in the house they shared with him.

To some, it might sound ritualistic but I'm a believer in, if it works, do it! It's about us and healing.

I mention in my book that I took all the pictures of the abuser and I--together--and put them in a shoe box and was going to leave them at his doorstep but caught myself. It was nothing more than a mind game, trying to make him feel bad, something he was incapable of feeling. Instead, I threw them in the dumpster. Today, I don't have one single picture of him. But, I did go to a resort in Scottsdale and while they were checking me in at the front desk, I was looking at the pictures of their exercise room and spa and there he was! He was a model.

At first, I was shocked and then, I started laughing! His only exercise was lifting his arm up to smoke pot!

Boomer Queen of Shoes