Hi Dianne, I am sorry to hear that you are triggered by certain sights and sounds. However, you are so far into your healing that you know why, and what to do about it. You mentioned Hayden road to me before. Do you have to go there often in your various travels? I also thought it was interesting that Jane, a nurse, had the opportunity to personalize her presentation to social workers with your story, and by coincidence the director of my social work department had given me your book. It just goes to show that even in academia with all its stats and research, a true life story is needed. Also, as Dotsie pointed out, I like the way you re-defined pride from "what do others think" to how you could use pride to empower yourself. Dotsie, do you want to make an announcement in the announcement forum on Dianne's behalf that this is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and the NABBW expert, our very own Dianne, is the featured author with a memoir of abuse and recovery? That might bring more visitors here. Anno, I'm sorry to hear that you endured abuse.