Wow, so much has been brought to light already. This is great.

Ladies, please announce to the world that Dianne is here this month to assist women in understanding domestic violence. I've read her book and know how much she has to offer. I've also read Lynnie's so we are fortunate to have the attention of two such wise women on this topic.

Dianne, another section I have underlined is page 25. I guess I underlined this because as younger women we tend to care too much about what others think.

Here are your words:

I had pride, but it was misdirected. Instead of focusing on important issues such as self-respect, inner peace, or living a normal, violence-free life, I would focus on what other people might think. A very short marriage, divorced again, being alone, growing old without a man, and being forced to start dating again. Although I felt I was a failure in every aspect of my life, I didn't want others to view me in the same light. I had to hide the woman I had become. In my mind, it was easier to live with the violence than admit I'd made yet another mistake.

What honesty! Brutal honesty.

I would love to believe that this is the thinking of a younger woman...before one realizes that we need not focus on what others think, but I believe even midlife women, and older women think exactly like this and that's why they stay.