I read Dianne's book twice. When I returned to college about 5 years ago, and I told my advisor that I wanted a degree in social work to learn more about social problems, specifically family violence, she gave me Dianne's book. My professor had met D at a presentation in AZ. I was so glad to see that someone (D) had written a true life book on the realities of DV. There are many research studies, statistics, and theories on the dynamics of DV. But D's book is a narrative in the voice of one who has lived through DV. I read D's book again when I found her on this site, and visited her suppport site. I admired that D recognized the patterns related to how she was parented, and how that is often a set up for the young adult to unconsciously repeat those patterns in a marriage. What is great about D is that she became conscious of the patterns during her recovery journey, and literally fought for her life to break the chain. Not only that, but she also advocates for others to break the cycle of violence. As a kindred author/spirit to D, I admire & respect her, and I am so glad she is the featured author. It's fitting because October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month.