If I walked into his office with a Platinum American Express Card under my Rolex and had hundred dollar bills rolled up and stuck in both ears and said, "I have a business that's in trouble..." he'd understand. If I bring up anything that involves female emotional feelings, he turns pale and looks like a deer caught in the headlights. He just can't go there!

He doesn't understand dv. It's so foreign to him and that's good. When I return after doing a support group at the shelter he'll ask me how it went but I just say, fine. He doesn't want details and I don't offer them up.

This is what happens to me when I'm writing (not a screenplay, by the way). I lie down and relax with deep breathing, whisper a prayer and wait. This may sound strange to some of you who have never experienced it but...words start flowing in my mind, just like I was sitting at the computer, writing. I will, in my mind, have a complete chapter. I mean, it's complete, in my mind, with inner editing! I just have to open myself up to listen, hear and do it.

So it happened the other day with the topic being aging and how some women are so scared of it. I was telling him about it and for some reason, he decided I was talking about plastic surgery and how he'd read that only one percent of the female population can afford it and the ones who can't afford it are out of luck.

I tried, several times, to tell him it isn't about cosmetic surgery...it's an inner fear. I was so frustrated with him because he wasn't listening and I felt like Matt Lauer interviewing Tom Cruise!

I refuse to go there again because he just won't get it and I think I finally learned. I have to take these thoughts to outside sources but I feel like it stops a true closeness with us.

Boomer Queen of Shoes