Dotsie, I was profoundly attached to visualizing God as male, and only male, for much of my early life. When I challenged and questioned a girlfriend why she insisted that her God had to be female, she told me that she would never be able to visualize God as anything but female, because of the horrible abuse she had suffered throughout her childhood from significant male figures in her life. I had known her for years, knew her family, worked with her and never even suspected her devastating background.

It humbled me, and I promised God that I would never again question how He chooses to reveal Himself to other people. It was an epiphany for me, that one conversation, of His incredible unconditional mercy and compassion for us...that this God knows how most lovingly to reach into the heart of His beloved and be for each person exactly what he/she need Him/Her to be.

It also made me investigate the possibility that my own attachment to God being male may well have to do with all the problems I had with my Mom while growing up. But in the end, the truth is that I just really love visualizing God as my Daddy, always have and probably always will. I look forward to the day when I finally get to run and jump into His waiting arms!