What a great idea Dianne... just reading all the post made my white-water rafting trip stick out in my mind. I don't like heights, and I am deathly afraid of fish and other things that swim in the water (I saw JAWS)and so WWR was something I would have NEVER tried. EVER. You need to go back and read that sentence again because honey, trust me, you couldn't have PAID me to get in a canoe and try this.

However, being the Queen of Experiences, you knowwwwww something happened to change all that, right? Rightttt. I took four young boys up in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee where every freakin' body goes to do the WWR. Well, one of the four was my youngest, whom I still call the baby. So, when it came time for "the baby" and his friends (all 13 years old) to walk down the longgggg ramp to the water and load into the canoes, Mamma went with them. I wanted to make sure that my son had the proper equipment, safety belt or whatever it was they needed. He was mortified, I din't give a rip, I wanted my son safe.

After the nice young man helped them in, he turned to me. I said, "nu uh... I don't do WWR." He said, "Oh yes you do. Starting now. Nooooobody goes back up the ramp. If you come this far, you leave one way, and that's in the canoe." After much todo, and manhandling, he and two other strapping young snots force---ah, helped me in the canoe...

Ladies, it was the ride of my life and I rode them three more times. What a rush!

JJ