Hi, Lynnie, Well, if you saw my house, you would know I don't waste time cleaning it! It is in a constant state of disarray! So I figure that not cleaning my house gives me quite a few extra hours to write! Ironically, before I got published, I had more time to write, and probably wrote about 6 hours a day, especially on the days I wasn't teaching. Now, though, I honestly don't have a set number of hours. When I'm not reading my students' work and it's a really quiet day (not too often), I'll write about 5 hours a day. But some days, when I have a lot of student work, I might only write an hour. Mainly, though, I write first thing in the morning. But, as I say, I don't write at all when I'm traveling.

I'm glad you don't think I revealed my ex-husband too much in Love Sick! Nevertheless, yes, one does want to be aware of the possibility of a lawsuit, though I don't think that happens too often. A lawsuit would more likely be over invasion of privacy than libel. And, to be honest, my goal in memoir isn't to invade someone's privacy, anyway. I actually WANT to protect the privacy of others. My sense is that, in creative nonfiction, the book or essay is about me...yes, my reaction to other people, too, of course. But that's just it: it's more my reaction to others...as opposed to actually writing about someone else in any real depth. Is this clear? Let me know if not! Thanks. Sue