You must be very proud of your daughter.

Her example does prove to me that we all find our own way of getting to our goal. And somehow we are guided to "do what we need at the time" to get to that goal.

Your daughter sounds very in tune with herself.

This talk about women int he workforce is very interesting and very ironic for me. I have worked in male dominated fields my entire life and now I work with lots of women. I report to a man (which is really a comfort zone thing for me now). I am having to adjust to all the women.

And there are some down sides to working with women. They hang on to stuff forever! Men argue, yell whatever and then get over it. That is refreshing in comparison. So I am relearning some group dynamics.

I think the best advice for a young woman starting out is to get comfortable in her own skin. To be her own person. I don't mean dress crazy. The goal should be to mature and develop confidence in yourself. This will push you farther than any advice about gossip etc.

Judy's daughter is a perfect example. She needed to get confident with herself and I suppose that included some life experience.

Life expereince can not be taught and I have always been provided opportunity based on it =rather than a degree or achievement.

My 5 cents.

Lynn