Carol-thanks for the kind words. yes, the real Son of a Sailor is quite different.

Actually, that is the topic we are on. My dad was a lifetime Navy man. My Mom a stay at home Mom. She had to be because Dad was traveling the globe for half of my childhood.

My mother always told me "I could do anything I wanted to do" and "Don't get married until you are 27".

I was married at 27, as were my siblings. Just happened that way.

My Mom was a great influence with not settling for anything less and my Dad gave me the itchy feet syndrome. I am part nomad and that drove me to many expereinces which I could draw upon in the work world.

My dad was committed to his employer (and country) for life. I am loyal but not stupid.

I really can't say who influenced me more. They each gave me a bit of their personality and then tried to let me fly. When I flew the coop is when I really began to grow up and maybe that was the greatest gift of all. They taught me how to grow up and then pushed me, and I flew.

I can't answer difinitely Dotsie.

I can say that this work thing is extremely overrated at my age. 6 years ago I felt very different. Today, I have too much to do to work!

Lynn