Smile

Another perspective-- I, and all the other NineWomen, worked for very large corporations for some or most of our careers. We did see some women who worked from weakness and tryed to pull our heartstrings, but we learned it was important to resist the urge to be manipulated from weakness.)

But our (ninewomen) experience was very different, probably because we did work in a bigger company and we were the first wave of women in management positions. We were all very strong women, well educated, results oriented and quite competitive. We had a strong desire to succeed and also to do "excellent" work. (We didn't necessarily start out this way, but by our thirties we were very "career-minded). Many of us struggled to balance our work and home-life but would admit when push came to shove our work often won out over our homes.

Maybe since we worked for such a big company and had other women in similar positions we learned that all women weren't weak. And we did work for some very successful women executives.

I can say that I did have similar experiences with trying to motivate "unmotivated" employees and sometimes they were women and sometimes men.

Kathy