Eagle, never really thought of sucide as following through the family. Guess I should have, my dad use to talk of his uncle who committed sucide.
Dad & I talked countless times about sucide and the sin I beleived it to be.
He was so sick...enlarge prostate, failing heart, heart broken from my mom's death.
Pray my Heavenly Father forgives that sin.
Only time my dad went to the doctor, is when it was employment required.

My dad was 66 years old when he committed sucide.
I not really sure, I have thoughts of sucide, sometimes I do feel I would like to be home with my heavenly father. Do we not all long for that time?
But, I believe it to be a sin to take any life including mine own.

My son was 16 years old, when he attempted sucide.
He was so angry with me, for placing him in the hospital. Between, Snowden and the Petersburg hospital he was gone about a year and a half.

After I got out of the hospital, I talked personally with each one of my children, about the things I regretted and wanted forgivness for, the decisions I made & why. Thoughts, and hopes I have for them now and future.

With Dan... I told him of being so sorry for that time in his life. To forgive me for having to place him with strangers, (it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do), necessary for the protection of others.

Looking back I know he must of been pertified, we did visited every week. Still...to feel you have been put away.
Makes me cry just thinking of it.

It's strange when Dan & I talked about that period of time, he doesn't remember alot of the things he did or said. Like it was just wiped away.

Like you, I believe the chain of suicide can be broken...just like the chain of abuse has been broken in my family. Hopefully, it will carry on into future generations.

Yes, we pray for God to heal my family past & present..."to heal damage done by generations past, to heal the wounds that their suicides have left behind, in my children and our children's children. We ask God to come into OUR lives, and into all the lives impacted by these ancestral actions, and heal and RE-CREATE our hearts and minds for LIFE", in Jesus's precious name.

Hope you don't mind me using that as a prayer....

I pray right along side of you, & all in need of this prayer, for it is written:
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John14:14

For the glory of the Father.

Blessing to you.

Brenda

[ September 28, 2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Brenda ]