Evie, rant on...this is a good place to rant! And sometimes we find good stuff in those rants.

JJ, I LOVE doing jigsaw puzzles. But our house is too small and overcrowded. There's no place to set a puzzle up and leave it while I'm still working on it. A few years ago, we saw a really neat folding table designed especially for jigsaw puzzles. We really wanted to get it, but it was too expensive and we really have no space for it anywhere (there would be now if I didn't have 20 boxes of Eagle Born to Fly sitting in the basement!)

Anyway, that's exactly the kind of thing that I mean. Downtime doesn't necessarily mean prayer or meditation. It's a time for replenishing oneself, which could include doing any enjoyable thing that brings you pleasure.

Since my last breakdown, I've found it very difficult to laugh and have fun. It amazed me to discover how much I enjoyed the Harry Potter books. I would never have suspected that they would draw me in and bring so much pleasureable escape. The only problem with that is that she's on her last one...what will I do when the series is finished!

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I realize there's a lot here to read and digest. I don't need hand-holding, but just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't putting everyone to sleep...

[ September 06, 2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]