Dian asked what my family's reaction to the book is. Dotsie had also asked the question, so I will re-post it: I have an answer to Dotsie’s question, “have family members read the book and if so what was the reaction?” My family’s reaction was the main reason I did not tell my story. My mother, who called me a writer all of my life, used to tell me I should write stories of my “escapades.” She pointed to books by Danielle Steele and said I should be a writer like her. She hadn’t realized that those “escapades” were directly related to having been abused. When I told her the result of my writings included the entire family, she said, “You don’t want to embarrass your poor mother in her old age, do you? I thought you’d write a book, but does it have to be that book? You didn’t paint me in a good light.” She has not read the book, but my stepfather read her portions of a rough draft. Perhaps I sent them the draft to get their permission. I did not want to hurt anyone. I did not think in terms of “They hurt me, so now it’s payback time.” Revenge was not on my mind. A message of hope was my primary motive, and I realized I did not need their permission. In my forties, I accepted that my message of hope and healing was a calling that could serve others, and that calling became greater than whether or not my mother approved. During the visit to my parent’s in Phoenix last week, I brought up the subject of my book to my stepfather. My mother was not in any mental condition to discuss it, but she does know that I “lecture” on violence. I told him my by-line (my passion is writing and my mission is to confront violence against women and children.) His reaction was acceptance of my work, and there is understanding of its importance. As for my older brother, a perpetrator, he read both the rough draft and the actual published copy. It’s funny: he bought it on Amazon. I would have given him a copy. He has realized that he can be a silent partner in my mission to confront violence. If he denied my work he would deny his participation in abuse. He realizes that by telling my story, of which he is a great part, he is contributing to solving the problem of abuse in our society. During the early draft, I asked him if he was going to sue me, and he said, “You are the one who should sue me.” Indeed, I wouldn’t have minded some payment for therapy! My grandmother is 98; she does not know of the book, but knows that I help women in some capacity. My younger brother, who lives near our parents, has not read the book and said he doesn’t have a compelling desire to do so. He does not know what work I do, and I did not make it clear until yesterday, when I wrote him a letter and included my web site. Based on my recent visit with him (in Phoenix) I think he may have a growing interest in reading the book. So, my family might have preferred that I was a writer like Danielle Steele, but they have accepted that I have used my life story to help others.