In response to Dotsie’s question, I’d say my most successful marketing strategy is not a strategy at all but plain old word-of-mouth. Of course, I have to be the one to open my mouth first, no small task for a recovering shy person. Jeannette has joined our forum. I was interning as a social worker where she was the supervisor. Toward the finish of my internship, I quietly said, “Oh, by the way, I published a book.” “What do you mean you published a book and you haven’t told us this sooner!” The support I received from that group of women at the YWCA could not have been planned as a strategy. However, I found that presentations with book signings is a successful strategy. That’s how “A Child Called It” and “Chicken Soup for the Soul” became best sellers: presentations, presentations, presentations, again, no small task for a recovering shy girl. It helped that Mark Hanson and Jack Canfield (CSFTS guys) were already motivational speakers who use Convention Centers as venues! As I complained before in another forum, freebies are not worth it: Did you hear me whine that I’ve sent books as donations to non-profits for their lending libraries and I’ve never received a thank you!!! I gave away a book to CASA, and I swear it was my last freebie. On the other hand, Dianne, (I hope you don’t mind) does not do signings after presentations, and she does just fine in sales, right Dianne? So, if someone else has a tried and true marketing strategy, please let us all in on it.