Hi Unique, trust was a huge issue for me and my husband, D.W.T. I met him when I was 29 and he was 30. That was in 1984. We both had been married and divorced. On the day D.W. and I met, I told him I’d been married, and I would NEVER get married again. I think it was “love at first site” also known to me as a “soul connection” and that scared me, so I protested loudly! “I will NEVER get married again!” I’d been alone for several years, and was an emotional wreck, and this scared him! For example, I had mood swings. I collected eccentric and even dangerous friends instead of going for the stable and steady type. Yet, I maintained my own apartment and car by selling real estate by day and waitressing at night. So, as he said, I was a “dichotomy,” a character of conflict and controversy. He would call me “maniacal” and for fun, he’d call me “psycho.” Yet, he was always there for me. He never let me down. I could not commit to a lunch date with a girlfriend, yet I would commit to spending a day off with him. There was obviously something larger than us bringing us together. He gained my confidence by always bringing me back to center. I was so accustomed to having others use me for ulterior motives, that I accused him of doing so. I accused him of carrying on with his ex-wife while dating me. He said that that he wasn’t carrying on with E, she just didn’t have any friends. I told him to tell her to cultivate some. He said that if it bothered me so much that they still talked, he would stop talking to her AND he stopped talking to her because it was important to me. That was a huge trust building act; no one respected my wishes like this before. He constantly reassured me. He was sweet and spontaneous vs. cool and calculated. The trust took years. We went to marriage counseling several times. He would say to the counselor, “My wife doesn’t trust me” and I would say, “But I trust him as much as I can trust anyone.” We had to agree that all I could give was enough. More times than I can count, during mood swings and PMS, I stormed off, slammed the door, and threatened suicide and/or divorce. D.W. would bring me back, each and every time, and that built the trust slow yet steady. Thanks for asking!