Unique— Love how you broke down my breakdown! [Wink] And what a great way to describe yourself: "an analog woman in a digital world." I'll have to think about this concept some more, maybe springboard it into an essay.

In terms of being a curriculum developer, I was never one per se. But as a teacher, I routinely designed lesson plans. Some people consider themselves right-brained; others, left. To bring my Defying Gravity vision into the world, I've needed to access my creative/intuitive side as well as my logical/organized one. It takes both to write, publish, and promote a book. The good news is that you can always solicit help if you feel deficient in either of these domains. There are scores of wonderful souls out there--not to mention every single woman on this forum--who would be happy to assist you. All you have to do is ask.

It’s FREEZING here this morning! (My thermometer says it's 7 degrees outside.) Not only are the rhododendrons curled up like tight cigars—always a clear sign of frigid weather--but when I went outside a few minutes ago to collect my newspaper, it even hurt to breathe. Hope you all are in gentler climes.

As I’m writing this, I’m realizing that I associate each of you with a state: Dotsie from Maryland, Jaw Jaw from Alabama, Unique from North Carolina, Meredithbead from California, etc. (Meredith, are you by any chance an “OC” fan? My secret vice is watching The OC on Thursday nights; my secret crush, on the other hand, is Nicholas Kristoff of the New York Times. Guess I'm a complicated woman.) Of course, you all might not actually be natives of these places, but that’s how I've got you organized in my mind. Does anyone else do this?

Speaking of breathing, in case you're interested, here's an update on my choking episode. I finally went to an ear/nose/throat guy yesterday at the recommendation of my G.P. He put a camera down my throat. Very strange sensation. It didn't hurt, though I had to supress my gag reflex. Anyway, he said that my throat's been injured from, among other things, a bronchial infection. I had no idea. He gave me some medication that he claimed would stop the spasming and allow my throat to heal. (I'm generally an anti-medication girl; I don't even like taking aspirin unless I'm in agony.) Should take about a month. He also said it was good I came to him when I did because I could easily have had another attack and that, this time, I might not have lived through it. That sure got my attention. Needless to say, I'm taking my meds. The moral of the story is: Don't put off seeing a doctor when you've got something wrong.

Unfortunately, at least for now, I'm not supposed to eat anything with caffeine. That means no chocolate. I'm also not supposed to ingest anything with mint, ginger or cinnamon. As an Altoids addict and a chocoholic, this is not welcome news. Yes, I'm grateful to be alive, but I'm feeling a wee bit cranky today. [Razz]