From my journal this morning:

". . . No god, no parent, no lover, no friend would be as unforgiving with us as we are with ourselves. Can we even fathom the courage it takes to be human? Have we ever considered that sometimes merely getting out of bed in the morning to face another day is an act of heroism?

"I don’t know why these words are spilling out of me. I don’t feel depressed. Quite the opposite: I’m excited to see what the day will bring. Maybe it’s because I’ve been reading over everyone’s entries on Dotsie's forum. I hardly know how to respond to some of the women's stories. I am so touched by their humanity, their boldness, their courage to confront the wilderness within. Even those who profess not to be bold have been just that by posting their thoughts.

"We are tiny specks of light swirling is a seemingly infinite universe. Billion year old stardust Joni Mitchell calls us. But these ladies are also giants. I hope they know that; I hope they feel it deep in their bones. . . ."

Lynn— How fortunate you were to have such a counselor say, “No doubt that when they interview you, they will see the quality you have to offer.” But what is PTSD?

Evie— Thank you!

TVC15— Every sentence of your posting contains a gem. How wonderful that your dream has finally caught up with you!