quote:
Originally posted by Prill:
But, yes, it can be terrifying to sit in a car with your inexperienced teenager at the wheel and just as nerve-wracking to be home at night while he's off driving around town with his buddies. Anyway, I wish you all the best. It's an adventure, that's for sure.

yup you hit the nail on the head there
[Big Grin] I don't know whether to get in the car with him or stay out of it! Either way, it's an adventure [Smile] My mom just learned to drive when she turned 60, had never driven before. While I most definitely admire her for getting her driver's licence (especially with my father getting less and less mobile) I refused to teach her how to do it - just did not have the nerves/patience. So, my son will definitely take a driver's ed course and I'll probably stay out of the vehicle till he's 30 [Wink] [Wink]

Thanks for the tips on public speaking. My problem is my hands shake terribly when I'm in front of people - I read a tip somewhere about keeping your hands in your pockets to hide this, but I'm not sure that's a comfortable stance for me - I'll have to practice I guess! [Smile]