Bringing this old post back up for a bit. I've had a booth at an antique mall before. This has pros and cons, like anything else. For one thing, it's time consuming. For another, you need to keep fresh items in the booth. And yet another, you need to have a decorator's eye. Plain booths will get passed by, where if your booth is "eye candy" they will stop every time. Another con would be the booth rental. I shared the booth with another woman so it was cut in half for me. The owners of the place didn't like keeping track of "who's" stuff sold out of our booth, so we had to beg and plead to get her to do our inventory a certain way. It almost wasn't worth it. But junking on the weekends to find new treasurers was absolute heaven and we took a lot of trips for this kind of thing. So many good memories with this. You won't get rich, but at least someone else is paying the utilities and building rent.

Another way to make extra money is recycling. I read where one man saved up all the junk mail, old magazines, newspapers, etc...and separated it into "colored items" and "black and white." Then when he thought he had enough he took it to a paper recycling plant. He was pulling in 300.00 a weekend after he bought a little trailer and went around his neighborhood collecting their papers too. He only did this on certain weekends and they would sit all their papers out by the street. He hauled it off for them free...and then separated it, and took it to the recycle center. I don't know what they pay, but a phone call could give you that info.

Substitute teaching is another way to make extra money...If you can put up with the kids.

Yard sales is another....Repeat after me. I WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER YARD SALE AS LONG AS I LIVE.

Another way, and this kind of gets into a craft area, would be to make something unique...like a centerpiece for baby showers made out of diapers...or mints for weddings (easy one), or crochet baby booties, mittens, SCARFS (popular one)...and sell them at a flea market, or you could sell your stuff TO the flea market people cheap, and let them mark it up.

I've always wanted to learn how to use saws and make specialized mailbox holders. Have you ever notice that NOBODY has anything pretty out there for mailbox holders? Same old, same old...

Just a few suggestions.