It is a rare day when there isn't a credit card offer in our mailbox. We have a dedicated garbage can (one of those large ones with rollers) that we set just outside the door into the garage from the house. When I go through the mail, I throw all the credit card mail, catalogues, and other junk mail into that bin. Then once a week my husband burns it. I used to shred it, but it became a part time job when you add in the personal paper I created myself.

We paid off all our cards, too. Our goal this year is to sell our remodeled house, take the cash, add it to my husband's social security, move to the city, and not work for at least a year except on our writing. Sort of a personal writer's retreat. Of course, it all hinges on our selling the house. Keep your fingers crossed for us! My husband is self-employed..so if things get tough, we can always start his business up again, but we really don't want to. After 45 years, he's pretty tired of it.

Oh, BTW Vicki....I solemnly vow to never get into credit card debt again! [Big Grin]