This kind of reminded me of my grandson Jared, when he was 16 he became associated with a gang, became moody and ditched and quit school. He was caught shoplifting and was a major pain all the way around. My son wanted to throw him out and I counciled him and Wendy to be firm and let him know the rules but always do it lovingly and make sure he knew he was loved and had a home to come to anytime, no matter what. They took the advice, Jared did leave for awhile but little by little he came aroud always finding love and acceptance even when he showed up with tatoos galore. Today and for the last years since age 19, hes now 21, he has been the model man. He works hard, has a good job and has become so close to my son, his step father. When asked by his parents what turned him around he said; no one will ever love me the way you two do. I want to be a good man like David, not some bum like my real dad. You see my David was a handful as well for awhile and the unconditional love by me worked on him. He is the best son, husband and father anyone could ask for. I am so blessed with my little family....