I have a little secret to share with all you women who write from home.

I am fortunate enough to have a nice office in my home that is a little removed from the center of the action. [Big Grin]

I tend to get in my own little world while sitting at the keyboard, writing, working online, and surfing the web. I've also found that I can really lose track of time while being in this world removed from the craziness of home! [Razz] Because I don't want to wither away precious hours I've instituted a little system with my new found friend...the timer.

I constantly set it for 30, 60, or 90 minute intervals depending on the task, and when it beeps I make myself stop and move on. Tasks are broken into categories: praying, journaling, posting, respondidng to e-mails, writing, getting the word out about my project, researching, finding new writers, and the list goes on.

I love this system because it works for me and I have found my days run much more efficiently. If you feel like you are wasting your procious hours away maybe it will work for you too. HOpe so! [Big Grin]

Oh, and I must admit that sometimes I make it coincide with when I need to put the wash in the dryer or fold the laundry before it gets wrinkled. [Eek!]