Awww, MB, you're the first to have waited for an invite! I can't remember the numbers of people who have come here, spent the night, and I didn't know them before they came. I had "net-talked" with them but had never met them. The advantage to calling before you come is you get to claim a bed. Otherwise, you might have to sleep on the floor .

I just assume people can entertain themselves if they visit. They are welcome to do chores with me and, eventually, I'll get back to the house. But...it's a good thing if folks can entertain themselves.

Horse smells - all animals smell it's just that most times humans have overpowered their own sense of smell with artificial scent. Curly horses have a different smell than do other horses. And, Curly horses smell differently after they have exercised. Not bad, just differently. I like the smell of animals. I especially love the smell of the sheep and lambs.

When I'm around the horses and they are agitated, I'll take a very deep breath and sigh loudly. It seems to calm they down and the respond almost immediately. Unless, of course, they are hungry and I have food. Then it's every dog for himself and get out of the way! I've learned the hard way to be extremely careful feeding the herd. It's even dangerous feeding the sheep because they tend to get rowdy. They can hurt but the horses can kill. I know a quad who was trapped under his horse and the horse rolled down the mountain. They were gathering cattle and the accident happened in an instant. Tragic.