Originally Posted By: chatty lady
You can have whatever you want for breakfast, no one says it has to be breakfast food as long as you eat something to start your day off right.

My mother likes chipped beef on toast or she'll eat a piece of broiled fish topped with cheese and a side of veges. Mom is 89 going to be 90 in April and has never been overweight one pound.

Chatty, maybe your mother ate the bigger meal of day at breakfast?

Dotsie, I'm pretty boring and I know it. Not alot of vast variation at home for breakfast. Usually it's half cup of microwaved oatmeal with 1/2 cup of skim milk. Plus tea with milk. Often with a fresh fruit on side and that will depend what's in season. That's why I love local fruit in season time. Sometimes will have a small slice of fat-free artisanal bread that we buy from our favourite bakery. (could be rosemary-olive bread, cranberry-pistachio bread, fig-anise bread...)

It's quick and easy because often I'm jumping onto a bike afterwards.

But when we go on vacation, I do have bigger breakfasts, often because it's part of the hotel deal. But when that happens, I tend to make that big breakfast...more like a brunch. If there's a long bike ride for the day meaning well over 70 kms., then I do try to eat a bigger breakfast..with at least 1 hr. to digest if possible,..before cycling.

I haven't prepared eggs for breakfast in the last....15 yrs. But I will have an egg if we vacation somewhere for breakfast and if convenient/makes sense for stomach at that time. smile

I tend to prepare eggs for supper, ie. egg stir fry dishes, scrambled or omelet with veggies, savory egg custard, etc....for supper. It would be protein, in lieu of any meat for me. I personally find eggs almost too heavy for breakfast...unless I cut back on supper or go on a long bike ride.

Jack makes his own breakfast, he tends to like his fat-free yogurt with his own homemade applesauce (that he makes huge batches in advance), maybe a bagel or slice of bread and orange juice. I could not eat bagels often for breakfast.