JJ, You had such a difficult time and so many things happening back then, God love you.

It sounds like you are READY to tackle this - with READY being the key word of the month around here.

How do we lose weight? is as plain as the nose on our faces. We know the answers but we are all looking for quick, easy and painless ways to rid ourselves of excess weight. The only problem is we want it now! CAN"T HAPPEN! You need to get into the habit of eating healthy for the most part and the weight will take care of itself. It is a forever kind of thing,(with a dash of badness when you just can't help yourself)
You know how we can become obsessed with something like this. If we are wanting to lose weight what do we do? We think about Food, food food - all day long and end up eating more than when we weren't dieting.

Remember when Dianne said, If your still craving (cigs) then it means you are not ready. Gosh those words did it for me...

Eat and forget you're on a Diet, because you're not...you're feeding your body what it needs to make it through the day. Just be more particular about what you want it to have.
Another aspect to healthy living is exercise...We all hate it - how to get around it? By moving not sitting. (I know there are other ways...I hate 'em all.)
Lets make this topic for you and others like they did for the smokers - It sure helped me!

With you all the way,
chick