I have to share about this. First some background. I hate exercising, always have. I've tried joining gyms, taking classes (yoga, tai chi, swimming), and do enjoy some aspects of these classes, but detest so many other aspects that eventually I stop going (things like walking on ice and snow or in rain to get there in the first place, having to dress, undress, shower in public, not to mention publicly display my total ineptitude at everything). It hasn't helped that for a couple of years I've had some measure of social anxiety. So, put it all together, and exercising has been the one big failure in my life.

BUT NOT ANYMORE! I splurged at Christmas, and bought myself a Wii and Wii Fit. I cannot adequately describe how perfect this machine is for me in addressing every quirk and issue I've had with "going out" to exercise. I can do it right here in my own home, in my comfy clothes; I do it at my pace; Wii Fit gives me my own personal trainer (though admittedly, he's vocabulary-challenged, repeats the same things over and over...but I can handle that while looking at those rippling muscles - an added bonus I didn't expect!)

Anyway, I'm enjoying exercising so much that I actually look forward to it every day. And have been putting in anywhere from 30-55 minutes every afternoon (and doing some of the stretching, balancing exercises throughout the day as well).

I feel better, not only physically (I no longer look four months pregnant), but also mentally, because I feel really good about persevering...it's the longest I've ever gone with any exercise program. It's fun, makes me laugh, it's diverse. I'm doing strength training, balance (my balance is terrible - I never realized it before!), yoga and aerobic exercises, all wrapped in fun games.

I don't mean to gush, but I'm sharing this here because this little white box was well worth every penny I spent. For anyone who has any kind of social anxiety and can't get out to exercise in public venues, this might be the answer.

And no, I don't work for the company. I just like sharing something that works for me after years and decades of feeling like a failure for not finding a way to exercise on a regular basis.

I can even touch my toes now! Without bending my knees!

(Maya Angelou)