http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=115763&page=all

Not sure if that cut and paste thingie still works on the updated site look...however, for those who wish to see where all this began, that is the link.

Well now, I am seven weeks into my first semester and it is incredibly busy. The first three always focuses on technical skill and a mini presentation which works with all first, second and third years to help us settle in.
ike last year, all the work to follow leads up to an exibition which is called 'tell a story'(in metaland other materials of my choosing)
Mine started out quite random and vague, and I was not fully engaged in what was neeeded for the project. One of my tutors stripped it all back for me and suggsted that I pick up on 'texturing'within my primary sketches(yup...sketching is no longer my nemisis)...now, that made me feel even more disengaged. I was also given the option to pick up on one single thing within my sketching...so,after brainstorming with a few of my peers...I found it!! I found what I neede to 'tell a story' out of the primary work(which was filled with autumnal scenes etc)
Trees and leaves had been maticuliously recorded on paper and various other mediums.
'Lifes Tree' is to be my exibition peice. This got me buzzing and brimming with ideas..and includes the ten textures and techniques required.
That which has falln from the tree is past and no longer has the power to hold me back.
What is entwined within the tree trunk is the 'core of my being' and all that is precious to me
What is starting to emmerge from the new branches is my future 'hopes and dreams'
The tree and all that is with it will be made mostly from base metals(copper, brass, steel wire etc, what lies under the branches will use the same materials and what is growing from..I will use both base and precious metals, silver and such. I hope to involve the observer by inviting them to write something on a peice of paper something which they want to leave behind, and sticking it anon on the tree(which will then give me fodder for a new project linked to the 'story' one.
This will all be on open exibition in early Jan.

I hope what I am blethering on about makes some sense!!

Photos to follow in a mo

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love