This is an amazing subject and timely. I have always from time to time loved to knit and crochet. But I was always limited to what I can make and didn't really know how to read the patterns.

Up until a year ago Michael's offered classes and when I found out I took a couple of them. It really helped because there were things I had done wrong. Anyway, since our family crisis, I have been drawn to get back into knitting and crocheting. I have already made numerous things for my granddaughter and I didn't realized how much fun it is to make baby items. I just finished making her two dresses for spring, an afghan and a pillow for decoration. There are so many pretty colors out there other than the typical baby pink, white, etc...

It has been therapeutic for me as well!

I should check out the autoharp, very interesting. I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Yes, I must confess, growing up in the 70's, I get this urge to play air guitar, LOL. Not only that, I just love the sound of the Spanish Guitar too!

I have wanted to learn how to make jewelry, cards and soap. I have made soap and I should do so again, considering I have the supplies.

What I really am interested in besides the crochet (Chatty, don't be surprised if I ever call you for any help, LOL) is turning trash into treasure. Recycling items to make something else. What a way to help the environment and save money as well. I think it is amazing what you find and put together with what you already have.

What a great thread!!!

Cheers,
Cathi