Hello Ladies, another quick update on how things are going in Unay.

I am half way through our first breif which was to take one food stuff, on muliple food stuff...draw, and design ten containers to hold one or all food stuffs. One could draw upon the asthetics of the food stuff(which was eggs in our group of three peeps)

The object ended up being a 'shard bowl' made by me from plaster and acrylic...laqured and spraypainted with eggshell silk paint.

We(I) played with resin to create an optical illusion of a whole egg and yolk running up the side of the 'bowl'....I hated the whole concept but loved getting to work in many diciplines to create the final peice...(which looked fab)

To follow on from that..our new breif which is contained within 'the eat project'..is to make another container from a metal of our choosing(but must relate in some way to the 'egg bowl' concept!!! I hate the concept as I was railroaded into doing by a younger member of our group..she has a fixation with eggs and birds!!
So, I am doing a 'pandoras box' whick will look like a small casket...the lid will be delicately peirced so that one can possibly imagine what the first shelf will contain(anything small which I can make to represent femininity). The bottom of the casket will reveal a wooden vinere polished look..with(hand made) broken shackles set in clear resin.

It is a powerful peice and runs in sinc with my link to the shifting cultural lanscape in Ireland. The casket which will be displayed in a gallery space in late January will have lots of little keys to open(or not) placed randomly beside it.

Lots to do concerning the making process...but so far I am really happy with my idea...the link with the egg bowl is the 'fragility of the feminine...and how we always have to concern ourselves with breaking the chains of mysogony and encarceration'(in its broadest sence).

I hope you can follow my excitement with this and I hope I am narrating clearly what I am doing.

I am also sure thst the idea will evolve through the making process..
I love telling you guys how it is all comming together and hope I am not bieng to over indulgent!!

More later

Big Loves
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love