The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99976 - 12/21/06 01:39 PM Boomer book
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Many of the stories in this section were originally considered for the anthology I was interested in publishing. I still think they give a true picture of what boomer's lives have been like since day one. What do you think? I know there are some missing topics, but the stories give you a true perspective of our lives.

#99977 - 12/21/06 03:05 PM Re: Boomer book
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm all over that idea, Dots. And it could be a continuing series as well.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99978 - 12/21/06 06:49 PM Re: Boomer book [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Plus Dotsie all you need to do is decide what is missing and ask for submissions in those specific topics and whalla, you'll have a complete dictionary of sorts of what all of our lives are like...Great idea by the way.

Edited by chatty lady (12/21/06 07:47 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99979 - 12/21/06 06:55 PM Re: Boomer book [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
It would be a great honor to have a story of ours in your book.

#99980 - 12/21/06 11:57 PM Re: Boomer book [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
great idea dotsie and i am sure many woman would respond and be flattered to have their storie taken or considered for the book.....get the publisers to try again, might all be diffrent now. god's will needs human hands to do the earthly work...

as chatty said alert the woman to the topic and i am sure they responce come flooding in....as mature women theirs a univers of experience to be taped into that might help someone who dosent have computers or would't think about joinning a forum, or just prefaire good old fashioned paper and print...

dose it cost you anything for the agent to try again?? i dont know how thse things work...or are you just testing to see the support that be offered?

celtic_flame

#99981 - 12/22/06 08:03 PM Re: Boomer book [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh yes Dotsie. I did not understand in the first place what the stall was with the publisher and the anthology. Is there a "Chicken Soup for the Soul of Boomer Women" book yet? Health Communications publishes that series. Maybe we can approach them about picking up our anthology. I know that they require the author or editor to submit a marketing plan. You already have that with a web site, web radio interviews, appearances on CBS TV...etc. In other words, you have built a record of being able to market. Just one idea...

#99982 - 12/23/06 02:23 PM Re: Boomer book [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, in the beginning it was all about platform. You know, publishers want to sell books. Now that my platform has grown, it's a bit of a different story. Also, when the book was proposed, antholiges weren't selling like they once did. Big publishing houses want anthologies that include movie star stories, etc. because that's what sells. I disagree. I think women want to hear the stories of others who live similar lives. I could have sold my anthology to a smaller publishing house but my agent is going for the bigger ones. Let me see what happens with the book we're proposing in January and then I can talk to her about this again. Trust me, the proposal is already written for the Boomer Women Speak series and I've received over 600 stories.
All I would have to do is update the marketing and promotion section.

#99983 - 12/23/06 04:22 PM Re: Boomer book
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
As I have said before, to get the books published with no cost and no purchases required, try Lulu.com. They have a fine quality and service plus you get to keep your own text.

Sure, this may not be up to some standards but try it out. They give you an opportunity to add your own covers also. This means we can order on line ourself as we want it. All I ask is to check it out. You decide from there (I gain nothing from this).

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved