The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#97937 - 12/17/06 09:18 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Shhh, tell you a secret, Louisa, ...sleep with your Santa, and he'll grant you every wish.

#97938 - 12/20/06 09:36 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You hussy!

I missed this thread and have to gush over your talent. My word, woman! You are amazing. Wow! Get those pics out into the world!

If you can write you can paint? Uh, I don't think so. I can't even draw a stick figure.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97939 - 12/21/06 12:27 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dianne]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Louisa, I am so in favor of you started to paint again. I know the easel at Costco. Go for it girlfriend! Did I mention that a really good book to jump start your artist self for the new year is "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron? Dianne, I do not have the talent to wear the kind of shoes you wear. Call me Ms. Birkenstock!

#97940 - 12/21/06 12:38 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm itching to paint again, Lynnie. I think all this talk about it is making me want to. Then when I saw that easel...it was like a sign

One of my last paintings was of the former home of Jackie Kennedy, Hammersmith Farm in Newport, RI. I took the photo while visiting and started to paint it. I have always wanted to finish my Veranda Lady. I called it that because it was a view of the veranda and I was going to stick me in the painting on the veranda. I haven't painted since I've been married. My work is all signed in my old name. There's a big box under the tree, but I can't get to it to shake it. It has too many things on top of it.

Louisa

#97941 - 12/21/06 06:26 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
No talent required, Lynnie. Just a lot of practice, which I love!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97942 - 01/23/07 05:06 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hope you also post paintings on anything you see in Germany?

Your technique is coming along well..

#97943 - 01/23/07 08:19 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

orchid, don't quite understand your question. Post paintings on what I see in Germany? Or post my own paintings?

#97944 - 01/24/07 03:59 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Hannelore, I simply was curious to know if you painted anything to reflect anything you saw/experienced in Germany? Living in a foreign country is a rare opportunity.

#97945 - 01/24/07 09:23 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh yes, I have painted German landscapes. If you like I can take some pictures and post them too. I like the way you presented your paintings in the slide show.
How'd you do that?? Could you send me a link on that, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks Orchid.

#97946 - 01/25/07 04:22 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Quote:

Oh yes, I have painted German landscapes. If you like I can take some pictures and post them too. I like the way you presented your paintings in the slide show.
How'd you do that?? Could you send me a link on that, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks Orchid.

I'm sorry-- my partner posted to the Internet. He does this only 1-2 times per year and even has to play around to refresh his memory....

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved