The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#97699 - 12/06/06 03:36 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My book is available thru PayPal, through Amazon, thru my publisher, thru the trunk of my car, from Mamma, however anyone would want it. I even have a buy it now, pay me later plan. There's one thing I've found and that is book buyers will NOT cheat you. They are the salt of the earth. I have made more new and lasting friends through this book thing.

#97700 - 12/06/06 04:22 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, many of the women here do sell their books off of their own websites using Paypal (like me). I'm an avid Paypal user now - I prefer it to using a credit card over the Internet. I think there are a few who also sell directly via email and personal cheques (like me). I don't know if that helps at all...the best way to go about it is to contact the authors directly and just ask them what they can do for you.

(Maya Angelou)

#97701 - 12/06/06 07:40 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Louisa, JJ and Eagle: Many thanks for the quick response. I could easily purchase your books online but I want a signed copy which I am not sure to have otherwise. I now hope to do this direct from you. Could you please set aside a signed copy for me which I intend to purchase by way of Western Union which is the most expedient method of payment under the circumstances. Could you also please quote me full amount by way of PM inclusive of postage and shipping costs. I still have your addresses from the card exchange list and would gladly send off payment as soon as I hear from you. Please mind to label it as printed matter as well.

Carousel Kisses
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne
Eagle Born to Fly

Eagerly awaiting for copies of the above!

Could I purchase other books from the rest as well?

#97702 - 12/06/06 10:39 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lola, my book is also available via my website via Paypal, like Eagle. I also sell my books from the trunk of my car, like JJ! I LOVE to send signed copies directly from my home. It is so personal. Hey, you all, I found my book for sale on Ebay. Some person who collects books is selling a used copy of my book. The listing says "signed by the author." I think this individual got a copy of my book because I donated a copy to the local domestic violence agency. The agency puts EVERYTHING they get up on ebay for funds! Anyway, one day while I was volunteering, I saw my book on the desk of the person at the DV agency who puts the stuff on Ebay. I wondered what it was doing at her desk because I knew this person wasn't reading it. All I can hope is that the signed copy flys with angels into the hands of someone who really needs the book. How's that for tracking my own book?

#97703 - 12/06/06 10:44 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Girlfriends, I think I put Dotsie on the spot by asking if we could have a sales forum. There must be a reason why this hasn't been done before. So we'll just keep the dialogue going amongst our boomer selves as to what talents, gifts, and abilities we have to offer rather than asking Dotsie for a decision she probably already thought about. Oh, Hannelore, the pendant is the only item for sale on my site other than the book right now. I have bunch of pendants that I made for a fundraiser luncheon for a domestic violence agency. I was supposed to be the key note speaker. Then, the agency did not have the funds to have the fundraiser, and I had already paid for the parts and made the pendants. The agency and I were to split the profit from the pendants (if any) after my costs were covered. Well, I made all these pendants, then the luncheon was cancelled. They are called "A Drop for TEARS."

Edited by Lynnie (12/06/06 10:45 PM)

#97704 - 12/07/06 12:19 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Hi, Lynnie: I have been trying to PM you! I'd love to purchase your book. And yes, a signed copy is very personal and those that I have, I am very possessive of.

I also reckon your proposed sales forum is a splendid idea in that anyone who has anything to offer can, at the very least, be found in one common section where they can put up a link to their website. It makes it easier to navigate through as well as it allows for time to serve purposes of exploration into what each BWS sister has to offer against demand. I presume, most shop online anyway. Unless, of course "Recommended Links" already serves that purpose. Personally, I find RL very time consuming for purposes of "window shopping" because of the many other links tied up to it. I have jumped from RL to Arts & Crafts to Books at Main Page etc. I would have loved to have purchased my Christmas cards here.

Anyway, just a thought from my end without meaning to impose.

#97705 - 12/07/06 12:40 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Lola, I just changed my preference for email so that I can get emails from my boomer friends. I will go to the post office tomorrow to see how much the postage is to London. Are you an American living in the UK? You did not impose anything except a good idea.

#97706 - 12/07/06 12:44 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Hi, Lynnie: Yankee as a doodle. I am from Manhattan but have been living in London for nearly 17 years.

#97707 - 12/07/06 01:06 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I will find out about the postage to London on my book too Lola and let you know.

#97708 - 12/07/06 03:37 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynnie, you didn't put me on the spot. I attempted posting about this earlier and got called away by the phone and then had a date in the city with Ross so I am just getting around to posting for the day. Phew.

I am thinking about this. I think it makes sense because we already share informaiton about what we offer on our web sites, but there would be stipulations, like no photos in the forum, only NABBW members could add their information, and a few others I would put together. Let me think a little longer on it, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have everything in one forum.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved