The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#97497 - 12/04/06 10:10 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have posted too much a few times and feel a little queasy about it since I am also a very private person. I can't say you know more than anyone because I would have to write a book to explain all the joys and painful experiences of my life that make me, me.

I believe no one knows ALL about me. I am still friends with my bestfriend from H.S. She knows a lot, but only has a broad view of my life as a single, Christian, professional, grandmother, dog-lover, politic-addicted, adult child of an alcoholic, high maintenance etc, etc. My youngest sister knows the most, since she is also my friend, but she doesn't really understand the single life. I have several good friends, who know and understand me pretty well, but they don't have the entire story either, especially of my childhood. You ladies here have a different perspective, not the entire story, but a story based only on my words and not what I look like, what car I drive, my clothes, even my accent or tone of voice. It's really kind of cool, when you think about it.

I value all the important people in my life and you all are included.

laurapoplin.com

#97498 - 12/04/06 10:23 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Daisygirl]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hiya Gals, one last thing...you are all still like my family of big sisters....only much more sane!!!! How lucky am I?

Keep Sweet

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97499 - 12/04/06 10:24 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Great question, Celtic. I have wondered if I shared too much and realized I can't share enough. We learn from each others mistakes and successes. I am more open here than in person with many people I know, and for good reason. This is a safe harbor. The sisters have said it all...I am grateful that I can come here any day, any time, dressed any way I want, legs shaved or not and say almost anything I want to/need to and feel cherished as I feel towards all of the women here. We are blessed! Thanks, Dotise, and all of Dotsie's gatekeepers.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97500 - 12/04/06 11:03 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Celtic, so you know, we that are monitors on certain threads are only suppose to keep that topic running smoothly. Keep it active and interesting. We "DO NOT" have the ability to DELETE anything. The Moderators alone have that power, and they are Dotsie and JJ. If I see anything that seems inappropriate, I merely alert Dotsie or JJ so they can make the decision whether to delete it or not. You and everyone here can alert them as well if you notice something offensive. (I may have missed.) We are fortunate though to not have had too many bad ones needing to be removed. You're posts are charming to say the least.

Edited by chatty lady (12/04/06 11:06 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97501 - 12/04/06 11:07 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Saundra]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Good question, Celtic. My only concern is not about the women in here, it's the fact that this is an Internet site and anyone can read it. I remember way back when I first joined, doing a google search of something and it brought me to the actual posts. I don't remember how I did this, but it made me leery. That's why I'm glad to have the alias. I don't mind you ladies knowing my name. Of course now we even put our photos on here I think I'll google me and see if I come up

Louisa

#97502 - 12/04/06 11:24 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Saundra]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Hannelore, as you have asked no i havent been a member of any other internet forums. Just the meeting type weer you are boared sensless but get a cup of coffe and network like mad for work.

This is fun the other is obligitory (said my boss hhmmm)
but i dont work their anymore.

The only other personal stuff i have ever been involved in via internet was for a very brief period weer i went to a chat room (is that as taboo to admit as it is heer) The same bunch of women went as well, we formed frndships had fun and talked real time even over phone a few times (they were all american) ........It fell away as too many creeps were in the same chat room interupting and it got a bit distressing after a while...(especilly since uninvited private messaging was considered rude). I am not prudish by nature but i had never heard of cybering! Some of the other girles stoped comming and i just got fed up of all the fuss and negative carry on, i would come off the computer feeling tainted, like my psyche had been car crashed.

Iv never felt that here.

One bazzare thing was i briefly met Popea there .....for all of 10 minets before the computer got booted. Strange thing was we didn't recognise each other but brefly knew each other in real life, the odd's of that are high.

Talking about it yrs later once we had became better aquainted and frendly we rembered the conversasion as she was just after an opperasion and was studying, it made it memorable becouse we weer both living in NI and everyone else was in America. But still incredible odds. eh!

I know what you mean about special ladies i was just remarking to chatty-ladie in some post that the same names appear time and time again, .....so where have you hidden the other 1,500 lol

oh and popea used to love brussel sprouts and it is the seasson for them agaaaainnnn. once a year is too often for my liking. ......but poor pet got a bug in one in the hospital food during her last stay.....in my momentery horrer of having to face them i had forgotten she is off them now wooohoooo. .....If they are really from the 15 century how do you keep yours so fresh, do they have freezer burn lol

oh and the

didnt escape me and yea i do love them.they are sooo

One wee thing anyone, what are the rules about pming or iming private messages whatever its called heer

heer uninvited, is it considered rude? becouse their a few unintrusive things i would like to ask some of the peeps heer but am a bit unsure of it, and a public refusal often offends, as it's said heer......in this case a nerviouse brakdowen may result, ok ok just as dramatic as a mild huff lol

ok popea just said lol aint used heer a lot, it just me laughing out loud, like this

Celtic_ember once flame but i am tired now , night god bless

#97503 - 12/04/06 11:52 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Thanks for the info chatty-ladie, and sorry if having a joke about me not knowing what the hall monitors weer for hurt or upset you, i really would't mean for that to happen or for any of the other ladies that fullfill that function to feel that way.

That being said this is the place (welcome lounge)to get thse things ironed out, what the hall monitors do. I think that this is the area anyway. I think Po has been under the belife that certine things are not allowed. As well as just the normal common decency and respect, i dont know if she asked.

What would hurt and i think it's a protective thing is i have a liking for getting to know what the rules are it feels safer that way than getting to know and like people then being asked to leave. I dont know if that type of mecanisum exists. As i was just explaning i had a strange and unseattling prier experience to internet chatting....it just got too upsetting for me...I was wonderring how that sort of thing was avoided and dosen't happen heer.

Iv never seen anything obfensive heer and put it dowen to most of the people being frendly or infact frends. It is preety amazine that from so many people their is so few bad or negative carry on, preety cool place. eh!

celtic_flame and again night

#97505 - 12/05/06 01:54 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: ]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I am on a Disney forum, but it is not like this one. I was once on a Red Hat forum/chat room. I guess it was more of a chat room. I was writing a story for the paper on the Red Hat Ladies and visited a chat room. The ladies were nice, but there was a weirdo that was going on and saying all sorts of terrible things. He (or she, who knows) would oftem send private messages to someone. I didn't care for that. I lost interest in it after a while.

Louisa

#97506 - 12/05/06 01:57 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
"I have also wondered if the sense of humour does have such cultural differences as the comedians claim"

Hmmm...don't think so. Anyone who takes a crack at it is just as funny as the other. Ask JJ.

#97507 - 12/05/06 02:06 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Lola]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
That is one reason I am not putting my picture on and I like the idea of Dianne's shoe and her pretty feet . Dianne what a wonderful idea you had . I don't want my picture going out to the World Wide Web , but this is a matter of choice to each of us . To each his own .

I am not sure if I have said to much or to little , but maybe once I did say a little to much and , well need I say more . Haa...

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved