The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#9704 - 10/12/05 10:53 AM Re: Divorce
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
A big thank you to all of you who have responded to my sad story.
I had a wonderful three day weekend at the beach with some Red Hatter friend's of mine. It was the first time I've been able to get out and travel a short distance and spend the nite in at least five years! What a wonderful time.
Dotsie.......I do have an Attorney, and she is wonderful. She is called a Holistic Attorney. She not only works to get you the divorce, she works with you and your feelings as you go thru the divorce procedures.
I've only seen her once because I haven't made up my mind if I want to get a divorce, but I was very impressed with her.
I also retained a Financial Advisor who has been working with me for the past two months.
I have decided to wait until the first of the year to have a talk with my husband to see if he wants to continue to be married, but live separate lives, and work with each other on when it comes to money matters. I honestly don't believe he will want to divorce because it would cause such a problem with "his" property. But......I do plan on getting involved in many, many things, now that my health is getting better and I can get out of the house.
I'm doing Pilates again, and hope to get back to Body Pumping. That will help me lose more weight, and keep me in shape. I just want to feel good in my "old age." If I have anything to do with it, I won't ever get old. Maybe in years, but not in spirit. Bless you all, and thank you again for your support. Will check in every once in a while.
Lynne

#9705 - 11/07/05 01:29 AM Re: Divorce
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
LSmith5434, So how are you doing? Have you made any decisions yet? Is the husband behaving differently regarding your new found freedom? Was thnking about this the other night while watching a movie with a similar story line. Too bad life is not like the movies where everything always works out.

#9706 - 11/08/05 06:46 AM Re: Divorce
LSmith5434 Offline

Chatty Lady...
Thanks so much for your interest.
I'm doing very well right now.
Yes.....the husband is behaving very well right now, but I know it won't last for long.
But one thing I'm not doing this time, and that's waiting for the "hammer to drop."
He isn't going to get at me like he used to.
I'm just to confindent in myself right now, and I think that shows.
If our lives were like the movies, boy would this be a boring world!!!
I'm doing fine right now, and hope to be doing the same in the months to come.
I do plan on presenting the husband with my plans for our marriage after the first of the year. Then I will really know what's going to happen.
Lynne

#9707 - 11/16/05 04:57 AM Re: Divorce
LSmith5434 Offline

Did anyone besides me see Dr. Phil today?
MY GOD!!!! I cried so hard for those women, and myself. Pam was my story too.....so scary! It was called "The First Wives Club." What a powerful show. I don't usually watch Dr. Phil, but just happened to start watching it. Maybe it was meant to be? Anyone else out there get from it what I did? So powerful!!!!
Lynne

#9708 - 11/16/05 05:33 AM Re: Divorce
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I saw some of the show and it was something else . I did not watch all of it . I wanted to see what Martha Stewart was cooking up. Made me cry .

#9709 - 11/16/05 06:04 PM Re: Divorce
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I saw most of it. The women seemed unable to move forward. They were stuck in the victim mode. What a sad way to live your life. How did it end?

#9710 - 11/16/05 07:31 PM Re: Divorce
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, unfortunately I'm unable to watch the show due to work, yet I'm posting the site if any of gals want to read about it!

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/620

#9711 - 11/29/05 09:46 AM Re: Divorce
LSmith5434 Offline

Well........I started my saga here, so will press on.
Today was my 41st anniversary.
How did I celebrate 41 years of marriage to a man who never loved me?
Kept myself very busy.
Went to the gym, went into my daughter's office and helped her with her stuff.
Went to visit a friend who lost her husband in May. Tried to help her cope with her first holidays without him. They were so much in love.
Went shopping, and then waited for my husband to come home from work so he could take my mother and I out to dinner. It's my mother's 85th BD tomorrow, or today to some of you.
No cards were exchanged, no hugs, no kisses, nothing.
Do I sound harsh........you betcha' I do!
I'm so friggin' sad about the whole thing, that it just plain hurts.
But......it's another day tomorrow, and life goes on.
Thanks for reading.
Lynne

#9712 - 11/29/05 06:59 PM Re: Divorce
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
That sucks. Did he ever take you out to dinner? Did her forget it was your anniversary or just ignore it?

#9713 - 11/29/05 09:55 PM Re: Divorce
LSmith5434 Offline

Yes.......we went to dinner, and he informed me that he didn't get me a card.
Told him I didn't get him one either.
Oh well.........
Lynne

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved