The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#9651 - 09/19/05 08:01 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
My ex moved in with his girlfriend days after I left him taking my three kids with me. He was having an affair with her and I finally got the courage to leave. He denied he fooled around on me for years but I finally found out the truth from friends. I always asked him but he was too much of a coward to admit it. This women had one child and did not care that he had three children, she wanted him. The strange thing was that he would have stayed in the marriage if I hadn't left him. Weird. Anyway she is history and there have been many since. His current live-in is ten years younger and they recently had a child together. I don't feel any bitterness now but had a very difficult time dealing with him moving in with the girl he was cheating with when we were still married. I had to go for counselling because I had so much anger and I didn't know what to do with it. I swear smoke came out of my ears when I saw him. In the movie "Waiting to Exhale, the scorned wife burns all his clothes" I'm not that kind of person but I really enjoyed that scene ha...ha.
It is often tough to see our ex's move on, get married, move in with someone especially when nothing is happening in the romance department for us. I have been on my own for 10 years now and have never had a long term relationship. A few short lived dates, but other than that...nothing. I enjoy living on my own, almost too much and have spent my time with my children as they have had enough to deal with having to put up with their dad's many live-in girlfriends. I wanted to be there for my kids. What I really find interesting is that when I was married I was hit on constantly. We had our own business and my ex travelled alot. I had to meet the guys that worked for us and arrange their day. Many of these guys tried to get close to me as well as others we met in social circles. They must have known that he wasn't faithful and figured why not. Since I've been on my own men don't pay any attention to me at all. I am fairly attractive so it is not that. I do realize that I probably walk around with a big wall saying stay away. I'm, working on that. (because I was married to a liar and abusive man I have trust issues) Also I'm older now and don't have the same opportunities to meet men. I work in an office by myself. Plus I think sometimes single moms are viewed as desperate or just out for the guys money. I have had that experience where they think you want them to take care of you. I have been on my own for ten years, have paid my own way and moved up in my career but they still think I want something. I hate that. Oh well, like someone said...I will meet someone when I'm not looking. I've been not looking for years and nothing. Doctor Phil said this. "If you are over forty with kids your chances of meeting a man are about as good as a man falling off of a building and landing on the roof of your car". He was talking about how you have to get out there. Many mixed messages are circulating and it gets confusing. Some experts say keep busy doing what you love and you will meet someone, others say you have to look at it like a job and go out and try to meet someone, others say just stop thinking about it and your man will find you. I am going a little off topic but it gets very frustrating (even though my ex is in extremly unhealthy relationships) to see my ex moving on meeting and having relationships while I continue to remain single with little or no prospects. I never thought that after leaving my ex that I would be on my own for this long. I had so many boyfriends before I met my husband and a full social life. I do have many girlfriends but sure do miss spending time with a male, even just as a friend.
I wonder if it will ever happen for me. I often joke about how I will meet someone in the old age home when I'm 80. Oh well, at least I'm not desperate and I won't settle just so I can be in a relationship, but would sure like to meet a nice companion before too long. . As my children get older and less dependant on me I find I have more time on my hands to think about relationships and wonder if I will ever meet someone special. Isn't that an interesting experience, when your children start dating.
Kate

#9652 - 09/19/05 06:55 PM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Hi Katebcca.....I just sent you a private message.

I can relate to everything you are saying.....and even though I usually enjoy watching Dr. Phil........I don't like his quote. Sooooo not true!

We get BETTER with age!

Teresa :-)

#9653 - 09/19/05 09:36 PM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
Anonymous
Unregistered

Katebcca:

Thank you for your comments and I understand b/c I too have been told when your not looking love will find you (or where you least thought to look), that I must get out there (but I'll be 40 next Spring, and don't like the singles scene -- unless having fun w/ others & then having some creep come up and try some line!). Also, I had a full social life before marrying the ex, and during that time I met some creeps and a couple nice guys that did not interest me at that time (and regret that!). It's a gamble, and either way I'm bound to win (w/ or w/out a man) as I believe that so long as I listen to God, he will provide (man willing or not!).

#9654 - 09/24/05 08:08 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
When my first husband remarried we had been divorced for eight years and yet I was beside myself with grief. Even now as I write this, my heart remembers and I cannot help crying.

I have made a lot of mistakes in my life time but there are none that I regret more than not trying harder to keep our 21 year marriage together. If only I'd known then what I know now. If only I had not let my stupid pride get in the way. If only I'd realized that I was having a nervous breakdown... not because our marriage was horrible but because I had experienced almost unbearable multiple losses and life challenges in very short period of time with the death of my parents, one of my best friends and my sisters husband.

R called me the night before I was to go to court to finalize the divorce and asked me to reconsider. Stupid me, I was more concerned about what other people would think if I called it off at the last minute. I was too proud to admit that I was wrong.

There were times over the next eight years that we actually talked about getting back together but then he got transfered to another state and I had a very successful career and job that I was not ready to leave. We stayed close because of the kids but then he met his second wife.

Yes, I'm still in love with my first husband. I probably always will be. Perhaps that is why I am in a loveless marriage today. I don't know.

I only know that when my daughter and son got married and when we held and marveled at our beautiful newborn grandson I was overcome with enormous pride and happiness but also incredible sadness and regret for what might have been.

#9655 - 09/25/05 01:58 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
My heart goes out to you, Bookie. It's hard enough being in love with someone you can't have, but it must be unbearable when you did have him once... [Frown]

#9656 - 09/25/05 06:06 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Actually, my ex-husband married his now wife BEFORE we had even filed for divorce...so that was a pretty quick turn around and also known as "Bigamy".

=) However, I do have to say that they seem to have a better relationship that he and I ever did - we just couldn't be anything more than friends...and I am not married to the husband designed for me, down to the least little idiosycracy.

#9657 - 09/25/05 06:07 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, I need to go to sleep - too many typos....I am NOW married to the husband God designed for me. =)

#9658 - 12/01/05 04:43 PM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
SJ Offline

Loc: Washington State
Although I find your story really sad Bookie,
I sort of wish I felt that way about my ex, it's sad that I have no feelings for him,like the last 23 years didn't exist. At least i can move on easier this way! Although I really don't know that I won't have those kind of feelings in the future because I could just be numb right now.
I hope you can find happiness in your new life and not have so much regret. I also hope I dont have regrets.

#9659 - 12/01/05 04:47 PM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
SJ Offline

Loc: Washington State
quote:
Originally posted by DallasGal:
Wow, I need to go to sleep - too many typos....I am NOW married to the husband God designed for me. =)

Wow! Great message. Gives me hope that maybe things happen for a reason.

#9660 - 12/02/05 08:44 AM Re: Ex-Husband Remarries
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
SJ, there is always hope.

Welcome. I am going searching for your other posts to learn more about you. I hope you stick around and make this your online neighborhood!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved