The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#95640 - 11/21/06 01:52 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amen, Hannelore. I continue to be amazed by the spirits of the single women in this forum. You rock.

Here's a little summary:

-Tell family and friends how you are feeling. Don't wait for people to call you.

-Invite people to your home.

-Volunteer.

-Travel if you can afford it.

-Pamper yourself - take a bubble bath, drink a glass of wine, go to the movie you've been wanting to see, read a good book, sit with a stack of magazines, eat chocolates!

-Delve deeped in to your spirituality.

-Exercise, take a long walk alone or invite a friend, ride your bike, go to the park and swing.

-Choose what makes you happy by planning ahead.

And I might add, tell yourself you are going to enjoy the holiday season.

You are what you think.

#95641 - 11/21/06 09:17 PM Re: Holidays single?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Such great advice Dotsie and that last comment is truer than most of us realize....
Hannelore you never cease to bring tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. I am not alone and have never been since connecting with so many of you wonderful, loving, giving and caring ladies here on BWS. I can't express the emotion I feel for you all and for Dotie, and I feel it is nothing less than an HONOR and PRIVILEGE to be among and accepted by you. I post everyday, and if I ever stop short, then you know I am with God. That is the only thing that could keep me away from you....

Edited by chatty lady (11/21/06 09:21 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95642 - 11/22/06 05:02 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Your list is great, Dotsie, but my experience is people don't really don't want to know what you're feeling unless it's good. This is the only place I've found where I can express a sad or negative thought safely. I agree with everything else on your list. Thank you...again.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95643 - 11/23/06 12:30 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I remember when you landed in the hospital and had your friend notify us so we knew you were okay. You are so dedicated.

Saundra, I'm glad to hear you can post honestly here at BWS. I am so happy with the compassion of the women in our community.

#95644 - 11/25/06 08:28 PM Re: Holidays single?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have given the numbers of my immediate family to JJ, and God forbid I disappear off the boards for more than a week she will call them and find out whats what and let you all know. My son has been alerted with numbers for Dotsie and several close friends and he is suppose to call them if anything unexpected occurs. I just wouldn't want to disappear from your lives and you not know why....I feel its a good idea to have a plan in place....

Edited by chatty lady (11/25/06 08:30 PM)

#95645 - 11/25/06 10:08 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wow, Chatty, how considerate is that. I think it's a fabulous idea to give someone we trust Dotsie's number. We should all do that.
Has anybody heard from Lola? She's been sick for awhile now.

#95646 - 12/25/06 01:58 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Edelweiss]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
This is my first Christmas single - surprisingly it has been very hard. If I could have gone to sleep about a month ago, and not woken up until Jan 2nd - I would have been thrilled.

Instead, I have to go with the flow - the tears - allowing them to come at the odd times that they come.

It surprises me that Christmas has been so hard - I've gotten through my birthday, my un-anniversary, and thanksgiving with flying colors.

I am just grieving the loss of the person I thought was my best friend -- the father of my children....my life partner.

He will be here tomorrow with us as the kids open up their presents, have lunch with us - then he will go home. It is just so damn sad.

Please say a little prayer for my family - my daughter is worried how tomorrow will go - I know it will be ok - as long as I don't get sad while he is here.

Hugs,
danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#95647 - 12/25/06 02:20 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Danita]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Danita,

I think Christmas is harder than all the other days because we believe that the magic is going to happen. Scrouge is going to become generous and loving and all our relationships will heal and be wonderful. Or at least that's why I believe Christmas is harder.

I just spent last evening and this morning with my daughters and their families and my ex-husband. We've been divorced longer than we were married and have only been sharing Christmas with the girls the last 4 years. It is a special time for all of us now...but I remember that Christmas when we were in the midst of the divorce...it was so painful...I too wished to just skip it and wake up in the New Year.

You have the prayers and support of all your boomer friends here. And to all a good night.

#95648 - 12/25/06 07:11 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I feel for you Danita, having gone through two deaths and then a divorce I too had the hartdest times on this holiday. I agree with Jane, this one day seems to have a special way of tugging at ones heart strings. I am alone today and having mixed emotions but long ago I decided to treat this day like any day, only with decorations, LOL and somehow that seems to help. You have your wonderful and beautiful children and you all have your health, rejoice!

#95649 - 12/26/06 01:12 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, I made it through the "magical day".

I woke up feeling like I had 25lb cinder blocks tied to my body - felt that way the whole day (depresseion)...but we made it through. Everyone played nice...my kids were happy, that's what matter most to me.

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL Christmas!

Daniita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved