The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#95415 - 11/18/06 11:55 PM Re: When Angelina Jolie Lips are Not a Good Thing [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

Yana, I sure hope it's not a chronic condition. How are you feeling now? Did any drugs help the swelling go down?

My dermotologist (male), during my annual exam noticed all the scars on my right leg. He had forgotton I had varicose vein surgery years ago (stripping), now new varicose veins have come out right next to the old ones. In addition to those, I had several biopsies of molds removed by him. His comment to me was, "Whoa, your legs look like they have been in a war zone". I nearly cried in his office. Like I don't know they are scarred and not very attractive? He is part of the reason they look like they do. No bedside manner, but he happens to be a great doctor.

#95417 - 11/19/06 10:10 PM Re: When Angelina Jolie Lips are Not a Good Thing [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, let us know how Wednesday goes. Anything wrong or jsut a check-up?

Pam, did they tell you when you had the stripping done that the veins would come back?

#95418 - 11/19/06 11:51 PM Re: When Angelina Jolie Lips are Not a Good Thing
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its not the stripped veins coming back, they are gone but the veins left behind picking up the slack so to speak can become enlarged as well if not handled correctly. My mothers legs were so bad they looked deformed until they stripped them. Then she had terrible scars. Back then some 20 years ago after her surgery she was told to wear elastic support hose always, or the other veins could also go bad. You have to have veins in your legs or you'd lose your legs.
One thing that seems to help and they advise burn scarred people to use it, Vitamin E. Take 1000mg. capsules of Vitamin E, pin pop it and rub it well into the leg scars. After awhile they will actually diminish....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95419 - 11/20/06 02:13 AM Re: When Angelina Jolie Lips are Not a Good Thing [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

No Anne, a vascular surgeon did the vein stripping in 1995. No Dotsie, the surgeon never mentioned, that I recall, that new veins would begin to bulge with blood (just as Chatty said) and look as bad or worse than the old ones. Interestingly, they are only in the right leg. My left leg is fine. My vein problem started after I gave birth in 1977. The surgeon watched them closely until 1995 when he said they began to look like they were ulcerating and the surgery had to be done. I use support hose daily, even in the summer at work. The only time I don't is on the weekend. I seldom wear skirts or dresses, only when I am forced. I wear career pantsuits to work daily. I was so glad that my daughter wanted a long gown for me at her wedding. You'd think I wouldn't care what they look like after all these years, and at 58 years old, but I guess vanity is vanity and I still do care how I look.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved