The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#94516 - 11/08/06 12:24 AM News flash!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Got a copy of a study done recently in the Netherlands and they say that walking is the best Cardiac exercise to do BUT - BUT - BUT, it can be done very easily. What one should do is walk for ten minutes at a time BUT do it four times a day, in any eight hour period. That sounds pretty simple to me. Drat, there go all my pitiful excuses....

Edited by chatty lady (11/08/06 12:26 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94517 - 11/08/06 12:29 AM Re: News flash!! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
But to do it well, one has to get their heart rate going good so it needs to be what I call "hard" walking...not strolling as some may think.

#94518 - 11/08/06 01:37 AM Re: News flash!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thay also stated that that there was little difference in results of so called power walking and a steady quickened pace. You need to be steady more than powerful. Hey, their scientific findings, I'm just the messenger....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94519 - 11/08/06 02:48 AM Re: News flash!! [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

J.J., you are right. My cardiologist actually gave me the numbers of what he wants my heart rate at while exercising. That is exactly why I don't walk and do all my exercising in my own home on all my own equipment. I take my pulse rate at different intervals to be sure I am where he wants me to be. I know if I were to walk outside I would be talking to all the neighbors and never get that heart pumping and exercising as it should. On the other hand, the girls at work want to start walking at lunchtime. That would be fine so long as I don't stop my regular exercising at home as well.

#94520 - 11/08/06 03:33 PM Re: News flash!! [Re: Pam R.]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My cardiologist always says that I need to walk a sustained 30 minutes each day. Somedays I get that in, other days I find it too difficult. So, on those days, I do the groove your body, 3 times a day for 10 minutes, deal.

Lots of different opinions out there and we each need to find what works for us.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#94521 - 11/08/06 06:05 PM Re: News flash!! [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
If you love going for walks, don't start golf.
Hubby and I used to go hiking almost every weekend. Now we can't get one foot in front of the other without focusing on a tiny white ball.
Interesting thing about it is, if I walked 6 miles, I thought I really accomplished something. Now I walk that 3-5 times a week, and I'm used to it. I never would have believed that possible two years ago. I guess distraction is everything to get you moving, whether it's golf, a CD or just a lovely landscape. In any case it's better then just going on the treadmill.

I played in my first ladies tournament yesterday. Man, I was so nervous…and I played just awful. My ball had a life of its own, primarily in shrubs, under leaves and behind big trees. But afterwards 25 of us met for coffee, cake and Champaign. We had so much fun, we all got a bit tipsy. It didn't matter how well each of us played. That was so important for me. They were a nice group of women, just wanting to get out and have fun in the fresh air. They were between the ages of 45 and 70… Yes, Boomer ladies, just like us!

#94522 - 11/08/06 09:51 PM Re: News flash!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh Hannelore, I know what you mean! I get so nervous playing in front of other women and usually stink when I try. You can only call for a Mulligan so many times!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94524 - 11/09/06 12:51 PM Re: News flash!! [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, one of my good freinds started paying gold a couple years ago. She's getting better all the time. Stick with it. She just got back from a week away where they played a different course every day. They also shopped and ate and drank too.

The more you play with those ladies, the less you'll care about how you golf.

Anne, that gives new meaning to "get the net." I thought that was a fishing term.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved