The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#91911 - 11/07/06 10:26 PM Re: skin care? [Re: klmr13]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about telling us more about your gifts under $10.00 right here. I'm interested. Time to shop ladies!

#91912 - 11/08/06 04:12 PM Re: skin care?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Thanks Dotsie! You are so sweet to let me share!

OK here's some stocking stuffers I have available. I have Satin Hands Sampler Sets (since it's a sample I can't sell it alone, but we make up packages for gifts) Satin Hands is a 3 step care system. Step 1 deep moisture of skin. Step 2 Exfoliate. Step 3. Rinse, Dry and moisturize. You won't believe how soft and young your hands will look!

I have packaged the samplers 4 ways.
1. Packaged in knit winter gloves with a sprig of winter berry and tied up in Christmas ribbon--ready to give away! I have them in assorted colors, khaki, chocolate brown, creamy white, dark rosy pink and pink stripe.

2. Satin Hands Samplers packaged with The Jabez Prayer. Packaged and ready to give.

3. Satin Hands Samplers packaged with Hand-made Jeweled Bracelet from local artist. Packaged and ready to give.

4. Satin Hands Samplers packaged with Hand-Made Stationary from a local artist. Packaged and ready to give.

1 through 4 are available for $9.95 each! Quantities of Sampler Gift Sets are limited! Order soon!

Satin Hands is also available as a full size gift set.

If you are interested in Satin Hands Samplers, but would like them packaged with other Mry Kay products, or another creative combination, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you!

*I have lots of other Holiday gift ideas on the website. Shipping is free.

**Quantities are limited on the Sampler sets so if you want to order let me know ASAP. Sampler sets are not available through the website. Email me to place orders. Be sure to leave your phone #, so I can contact you.

***If anyone needs gift baskets for special customers, let me know, I can create other Mary Kay baskets as well.

Thank you all for your interest! They really are great products. See the complete line at my website, www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#91913 - 11/09/06 12:40 PM Re: skin care? [Re: starting over]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can you email me? I'd love three of the Satin Hands with The Jabez Prayer. Thanks.

#91914 - 11/09/06 03:41 PM Re: skin care?
starting over Offline

Sure, I'll send you an e-mail!

www.pattiswriting.com

#91915 - 11/11/06 02:43 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
just came upon this thread, and am thankful.

my poor little mug has been so dry in this Michigan weather change, that it feels like sandpaper. going to go get my olive oil out of the cupboard now ...
mmmh ... can feel it soothing away all the wrinkles. oh silly me. wrinkles are free and will just have to opt for the softer skin!

thanks ladies. you are the best!
cl
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#91916 - 12/05/06 05:04 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Winter can make dry skin especially irritating. The December issue of Mayo Clinic Health Letter offers tips to relieve winter itch.

Soak in the tub: Keep the water lukewarm. The temperature shouldn’t be above 90 F. Adding bath oil to the water may help retain and replenish the oil in your skin.

Use soap sparingly: If possible, limit soap use to your face, armpits, genitals, hands and feet. Avoid antibacterial and deodorant soaps. Mild cleaners such as Cetaphil, Dove or Vanicream are less drying. Avoid products with fragrances and lauryl sulfates, which can be irritating.

Pat skin dry: Avoid rubbing or wiping your skin. Instead, leave it moist by gently patting or blotting with your towel.

Moisturize: Immediately after drying off, apply a thick moisturizing cream or ointment. Avoid creams or lotions that contain alcohol.

Use a humidifier: Keep indoor air moisture levels at 40 to 50 percent. Keep your house on the cool side; between 68 F and 75 F is reasonable.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#91917 - 12/06/06 08:19 AM Re: skin care? [Re: bamgibbs]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
So true. My feet have gone dry over the years. Has anyone found a cream that really helps? I've tried dozens, but no luck.

#91918 - 12/06/06 06:00 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Edelweiss]
starting over Offline

Hannelore, I have the same problem on my elbows. They are so dry and cracked--ugly gray/brown color. The only thing I have found that works and is softening them up is Mary Kay Extra Emmolient Night Creme. I put it on at night and in the am my elbows are soft. I know it's going to take some time before my skin is softened and restored in the under layers, but at least I have found something that is beginning to work. If you want to know more check my website-100% guarantee if you aren't happy and free shipping! www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

www.pattiswriting.com

#91919 - 12/07/06 12:57 AM Re: skin care? [Re: starting over]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I put Vaseline on my feet at night and then put on a pair of socks and sleep with the socks on (no problem since my feet are the first thing that get cold). My feet are soft and smooth......it really helps. I also read in a magazine where this is a good thing to do before you work out.....supposedly when you work up a sweat it helps the Vaseline absorb into your skin better. Go light with the Vaseline or it'll really make a mess out of your socks!!

#91920 - 12/08/06 10:16 AM Re: skin care? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hanelore, Ann is absolutely right on and the Vaseline can't be beat. It works, is long lasting and you won't find a cheaper product. Plus its perfectly safe always and you can wash the socks...I am never without my Vaseline.....Also if you should feel a cold or sore throat coming on rub Vicks onto the bottom of your feet, put on warm socks and you'll be better by morning....honest injun!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved