The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 207 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#9168 - 06/25/05 05:18 PM Re: What will happen?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This post is so timely. I visited one that's run by a local church just last week. I have a passion for anything tartan plaid. I found a comforter (reversible), with curtains, sham, and bedskirt. Five bucks. It was a half-bed size, but I mainly wanted the bedskirt and sham, the rest of the items were a bonus. FIVE BUCKS! I intend to use them all and will probably just fold and lay the comforter across the foot of my bed. Picture this: crisp white sheets, a GREEN plaid lower bedskirt with the tartan plaid RED one above it (ruffle effect) and white battenburg inbetween for bedskirts, (three layers) then the comforter AND my red and white quilt at the foot of the bed...(Antique high poster bed) and thennnnn, an assortment of red pillows, white pillows, and of course my tartan plaid one! I haven't put it all together yet, but talk about playing! I love it. All because of Sally Ann's.

And of course I bought 10 books. HAhahahaha...

JJ

#9169 - 06/25/05 05:30 PM Re: What will happen?
chickadee Offline

JJ, Tartan? Are you sure your not part Newfie? Our provincial tartan was developed in 1955 and is predominantly green with gold, white, brown and red bands of colour. It corresponds with "The Ode to Newfoundland," our official provincial anthem.
I will get you something tartan when I visit again. It is truly beautiful.

Your bed decor sounds so inviting. What? This week-end? Sorry, got to clean the moat. [Frown]

chick

#9170 - 06/25/05 05:56 PM Re: What will happen?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh that would be sooo cool if you could. Let me know ahead of time and I'll send moola (if I'm working) and have you get me a nice scarf...wouldn't a lampshade set it off? Or a jigsaw puzzle with tartan in it? What I dearly love and can never find is wrapping paper in the RED/GREEN tartan plaid.

JJ

#9171 - 06/25/05 06:19 PM Re: What will happen?
chickadee Offline

JJ, I will "contact my contacts" in Newfoundland. I will put them on an Island wide alert for "Tartan stuff like you mentioned." 'Course I will have an eye open at Sally Ann's too.

Guess what you're getting for Christmas?
Wrapping paper, ha ha. Couldn't resist.

The Queen of Hearts ate some tarts, no, no I mean...The Queen of smarten wants some tarten...

(sigh) and I really wanted to make a funny.
I guess I'll have to leave the humor to you...dang it.

Just send a blank check...I can fill it out for you. No?

JK, no charge.

Luv
chick

[ June 25, 2005, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#9172 - 06/26/05 11:37 PM Re: What will happen?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
quote:
Cathi, have you done it yet?

Chick, yes I went to CHKD on Friday, and asked if they had any positions open. The lady, come to think of it, didn't give me an answer, LOL. She did ask me if I wanted an application, and then went on to inform me that they are always experiencing a turnover. I asked why? She then told me that most of them are young girls that are looking for something "better". Okay, that put me at ease a bit. The word turnover is usually a red flag to me. However, before she gave me an answer, that is what I had suspected, wheww!

So I am going to turn this application in on Tuesday and see what happens. Seriously, I always end up sorting through stuff at home, I might as well get paid for it, LOL.

I'll let you all know what happens. Really Chick, thanks for letting us know your experience.

Cheers,
Cathi

#9173 - 06/28/05 07:39 AM Re: What will happen?
chickadee Offline

Cathi,

I am sitting here crossing my fingers, legs and eyes. Not pretty! [Eek!] But it works most times. I am adding a prayer for you to get this job too.

chick

#9174 - 06/28/05 01:09 AM Re: What will happen?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks Chick, your contortions(SP) are beautiful to me because of the intentions!

I'll keep you posted, if it doesn't work, I'll go and try somewhere else.

Oh and BTW, my friends and I refer to Thrift Stores as Boutiques. "Hi, would you like to go to the Boutiques today?"

Cheers,
Cathi

#9175 - 06/29/05 02:34 PM Re: What will happen?
Wisdom&Life Offline

I have an update. I went to CHKD and turned in my application. The lady that gave it to me last week was there. She introduced me to the Asst. Manager, and told her that I was applying for Asst. Manager. The Asst. Manager said good. I said whoa, I will be happy to take a position as a cashier or sorting inventory.

Anyway, this lady told me that she was glad that I came back with the application and the Asst. Manager told me that she was leaving in two weeks.

I really hope that someone else wants this Asst. Managers position, and then the other job would be open and I would be glad to take that.

I just want something simple. I'll let you all know what happens.

Cheers,
Cathi

#9176 - 06/29/05 03:24 PM Re: What will happen?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cathi,
I think this is so cool and I'm thinking I might try the same thing. We have lots of them in the area. Why not? Let us know WHEN you start and then tell us all about it. I wish I could visit them all across the states. Wouldn't that be cool? I see a book in the making here...hm. I just can't seem to get it out of my system (travling across the U.S.)

JJ

#9177 - 06/29/05 08:06 PM Re: What will happen?
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Cathi,
Good luck to you. I'm looking forward to hearing what happens.

Marie

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved