The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89351 - 09/23/06 12:39 PM Seasons
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Fall is the perfect season for walking in Baltimore. The weather is so crisp and fresh. All the rotten humidity of summer is gone and you feel like you can breathe again. What is the best season for walking where you live?

I walk year 'round and revel in being outside regardless of weather.I've wlaked in one hundred degree weather (not the smartest thing to do) and I've also walked when it's in the teens. This is something I probably not do alone, but I've had some great walking partners and we try to motivate one another to just get out the door and move.

Do you walk? Do you prefer to walk with someone or alone?

#89352 - 09/23/06 01:47 PM Re: Seasons
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I walk everyday (well, honestly, sometimes only for 10 minutes) and walk alone or with friends, whatever works for the day.

Minneapolis has a great system of walking paths around lakes and along creeks. They all connect from the north end of the city to the south. They are always full of walkers and bikers. The paths are a great way to people watch and get exercise at the same time.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#89353 - 09/23/06 04:02 PM Re: Seasons [Re: Anno]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Walking in the Fall is beautiful, especially through the woods. Local parks have trails from 1 to 5 or miles in length and will take the dog and backpack (w/ drinks and snacks for human and hound), also let him off his leash to run and 'hunt'!

Anno, I believe you and Dianne live nearby! Have you met yet? The walking routes in Minneapolis sound lovely. I have relatives I've not seen in about 30 years that live nearby in Eden Prarie. I recall an abundance of snow and sledding as a child over the holiday!

#89354 - 09/23/06 04:52 PM Re: Seasons [Re: ]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I love to walk. I take the bus to work and I get off at a stop which allows me to walk for about 15 minutes to work. The stops is right at a bike path that runs along the bay. At that time in the morning, the sun is coming up and reflects off the water - too pretty - there have been times when it takes more than 15 minutes - as I just stop and watch - especially when the white herons are enjoying the bay as well!

On sundays, we walk to church and those 15 minutes each way are a wonderful time to have good conversations with my son - without the distractions of tv etc.

I would love to hear more about towns that are walkable. As a non driver - I have always thought it would be a great idea for a book - walkable cities. Boise impressed me as being a good walkable city when I went there two weeks ago. I left the hotel at about 8:30 and walked all over - and got back to my hotel around 4 or 5pm.... that was alot of walking!

Speaking of Boise, they have a wonderrful Anne Frank Memorial... earth-tone walls with peace quotes - wow... I was blown over by the emotion walking around that tiny memorial.

Donna

#89355 - 09/23/06 08:36 PM Re: Seasons [Re: 49erDonna]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I love the cooler months for walking. What I don't like about it however is that it gets dark so quickly and it can be quite unsafe even with a walking companion. So on the work days, I do what Donna does and catch my train from a further stop or choose a station with long walks to interchanges to make up the 5-mile that I do. Not bothered when I cannot as I trail and trek on the weekends.

#89356 - 09/26/06 10:44 PM Re: Seasons [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I love walking in the Fall. The air feels crisp and fresh, trees are turning colors, and sometimes there is the smell of burning leaves in the air that reminds me another Fall season is upon us. I like walking in the winter too. It's invigorating!

#89357 - 09/29/06 05:20 PM Re: Seasons [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Was getting out some now that it was cooling off, then yesterday it was 97 and today its still too hot but nearly October so hopefully it will cool down enough to get these old bones out and moving.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89358 - 10/02/06 04:22 PM Walk everyday Re: Seasons [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dear Dotsie,
I've been walking on a daily basis for about ten years.
There's a county park across the street. That makes it easy. I love to walk in the spring and fall. New plant growth, singing birds and acrobatic squirrels are the April, May attractions. Colored leaves are October's drawing cards. I do a few miles, each day.
Here's to exercise in the great outdoors.
Brose

#89360 - 10/23/06 08:47 PM Walk everyday Re: Seasons [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Woke up way too early today so decided to go for a walk, the air is so crisp and cool at 4:30 AM and the sun is just coming up. Worked up a good appetite and got some much needed exercise to boot, and cleaned the cobwebs out of my brain.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved