The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#87129 - 09/04/06 02:01 PM Re: what do you do online?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I do just about everything online, except grocery shopping. One thing I use the Internet for extensively is research - I research everything from bed sheets, electronics and toys to health issues, TV shows, computer problems and travel destinations.

I play some trivia games online, use an online translator to write letters to Cuba, listen to a wonderful assortment of music through my customized online radio program, buy books, music (especially hard-to-find stuff) and novelty gifts that I can't find anywhere else. And I also use the Internet to check store hours.

But mostly I use the Internet to connect with other people through forums, blogging and email.

(Maya Angelou)

#87130 - 09/04/06 05:07 PM Re: what do you do online? [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie,
I teach for Axia College, which is affiliated with University of Phoenix. The classes I take are from the University of Arizona's Master's program in Library and Information Sciences. I have also taken online free classes through HP (go to: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html and click on small and medium business - there's a link to the learning center,) which has a lot of business classes as well as personal improvement - all free. There are also free classes and reading groups available through Barnes & Noble (http://university.barnesandnoble.com/)and Annenberg media project (http://www.learner.org/) which is really for teachers but has some great stuff - you can even learn a language!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#87131 - 09/04/06 07:47 PM Re: what do you do online? [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What accent? Research, research and more research.

JJ

#87132 - 09/04/06 11:12 PM Re: what do you do online? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I manage my website and Bertha's Blogging and do my monthly Bertha-Zine. I track how Bertha's doing on Amazon and all my statistics on all the others, too.

I research for articles and workshops and to learn more about being in business for myself.

I use the on-line banking to balance my check book from time to time but not to pay bills.

Shopping...usually Amazon or some website with a business product that I want.

E-mail, e-mail, e-mail.

I take some classes on-line through Coachville.

That's about it.

#87133 - 09/05/06 01:46 AM Re: what do you do online? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Research, research and research everything from pet food to MSDS (material safety data sheets, i.e., household product ingredients) as I read all labels b/4 purchasing! Oh, shopping, shopping, and some shopping! Shopping saves gas if you plan and order on-line accordingly (i.e., free shipping events)! I found my adopted dog on-line 2.5 years ago!

#87134 - 09/05/06 06:16 AM Re: what do you do online? [Re: ]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dotsie, as for eBay, it's mostly my hubby doing it but
we buy and sell audio/video and computer stuff. So far
we have done over 500 transactions over the past 6 years.
For awhile there I was also buying and selling the original
Strawberry Shortcake vintage items from 1979 : )
We've bought brand new clothing items, designer purses,
other things...alot of fun to do if you know what you are looking
for without taking all day.
Cindy

#87135 - 09/05/06 12:45 PM Re: what do you do online? [Re: diamond50]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I keep in touch with family and friends, make new friends, (here)I do quite a bit of research for my writing online as well as a little shopping (mostly amazon) I keep up with my site and discussion board. I've gotten away from ebay lately, but still think it's a great place to find things. I used to play some games (slingo) but have stopped most of that too. My favorite things to do online are email and forums.

#87136 - 09/05/06 01:54 PM Re: what do you do online?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
We do all our banking and bill paying online, have done so for years now. I regularly purchase merchandise online, but usually only from companies with whom I have done in-store business, or well established online companies, with good reputations, recommended by someone I know. I manage and maintain my web site, and enjoy corresponding with ladies who visit the site and contact me. This has been a very enjoyable experience for me for the past three years. Getting to know women from literally around the world, has been quite rewarding.

I spend a great deal of time on research, though it is becoming more difficult, with each passing year, to wade through the endless 'BUY! BUY! BUY!' sites, to discover the information for which I'm seeking. I still find it amusing to run a search on a particular subject, and find that no matter what it is, I can buy it on e-bay!

Something I find interesting, is that I'm the only one in my family who really jumped into the whole computer/internet thing, with both feet. I'll never forget that first pc moment. There I was, internet connection active, my hands poised above the keyboard, and the feeling I had of having the world sitting before me to explore! It wasn't long before I was learning a bit of HTML, accessing and utilizing various messenger services, eliminating personal long distance phone calls completely, and generally making myself comfy, in Cyber Land.

www.intouchwithjeannine.com

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#87137 - 09/05/06 11:24 PM Re: what do you do online?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I do almost everything online these days, but I still have not done my grocery shopping on line. I have tried ebay, but I am not crazy about that site. Too much stuff to filter through.
I buy clothes both online and in the stores. I get my dvds online, too and send them back through the mail.
I do all of my travel research online, and most of my flights and hotel bookings.
We pay most of our bills online, but there are a few that I still write out checks for - too lazy to switch.
I email friends and family often and stay in touch with my coaching clients on line.
Oh no! I spend way too much time with a laptop sending electronic signals to my thighs.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#87138 - 09/06/06 03:39 AM Re: what do you do online? [Re: Anno]
LAINESMOM04 Offline

Hi, all - I pay bills online, keep up with the latest entertainment news and do some surfing. I use the internet a lot at work for my customers. So, I use the internet daily for business and personal use.

Karen McKay
karensgiftsolutions@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved