The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#87045 - 09/04/06 11:01 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
JJ

I think you have enough left for us to go shoe shopping with Diane! I'm in...oh, we haven't won yet?!

#87046 - 09/05/06 12:12 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Not to worry...they have that stuff in Ireland. AND...pots of gold, I'm told.

#87047 - 09/05/06 12:39 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Yeah, and little men in green suits who try to steal your gold...watch out!

#87048 - 09/15/06 07:13 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I think I bought only one lottery ticket in my life, which is why I'm continually surprised by all my lottery winnings in Spain, England, Nigeria, you-name-it in my spam box.

Whenever I thought about this in the past, I always said "get a house cleaner" as my very first item -- which is why last summer I finally broke down and got one. I figured that if you want something that badly, heck, there's always a way.

If I won the lottery, I'd hire someone to finish all those household projects my husband started. Or should have started. Or I started. Maybe I'd just have an on-call handy person. A paper-filer and mess-eradicator, too.

I'd donate lots of money to medical research, and people whose homes were wiped out in natural disasters.

And buy a summer home in Canada. I love Canada. And sponsor some children on Make-A-Wish.

Poet and essayist

#87049 - 09/15/06 10:09 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: meredithbead]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
First, I would go directly to Parisian and purchase a really cool pair of heels I saw the other day. They were $225.00, way over my shoe budget.

I would give an amount to some people, at least enough to pay off their houses + some.

I would sponsor single mothers to get an education, provide child care, a place to live, tuition, etc, but 1 at a time.

I would travel more.

I would have a lake house.

I would have a pool..........and a pool boy.

laurapoplin.com

#87050 - 09/15/06 09:23 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You go Daisy! Me too. I'd have a pool boy, a kitchen boy, and a dance instructor boy...Dang, I need to go buy some lottery tickets!

#87051 - 09/15/06 09:36 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Pick me up a couple while you're there...wait how would I know which one was really mine...you'll be dancing with a pool boy in the kitchen and I'll be high and dry...move over, I'll drive and we'll both get one!

Seriously, I think the freedom to make choices without first considering the cost is what I long for. I'm not talking about spending a million dollars without blinking an eye, I'm talking about not comparing cans of green beans at the grocery store to see which one is ten cents cheaper...now that would be nice!

#87052 - 09/15/06 10:04 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Jane, that would be so wonderful. Not to even have to think before ordering something from a catalog to send to a friend. Thats for me...never having to look at the checkbook or in my wallet before going out somewhere with someone....I think thats called, security!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87053 - 09/16/06 12:53 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: chatty lady]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Another thing. I would definitely have a cleaning lady and a professional organizer. I'm not a messy person, but just don't have the time or money to do things the right way all the time.

laurapoplin.com

#87054 - 09/16/06 01:49 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: jawjaw]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, such wonderful ideas! I would:

1. Ensure members of my immediate family homes are paid for;

2. Set aside funds for my nieces and nephews education;

3. Arrange a luxary vacation for the entire family;

4. Donate to a local animal shelter and/or adoption agencies (or build a new shelter for the county b/c there are so many homeless and abused animals; and, donate money to a veterinary clinic to assist w/ spaying/neutering -- animal population is another problem b/c so many people are either to cheap or uneducated);

5. Look for my "dream home," perhaps near government land with hiking and horseback riding trails and boating!

6. I would continue to work, preferrably a low maintenance, stress-free job (i.e., hotel desk clerk so I could read my favorite books!), allowing me too:

7. Dedicate more time with my nieces/nephews;

8. Travel (I'd love to see more of America and travel to Europe again);

9. Dedicate time towards assisting animals and rescues to include equines.

10. Invest in retirement fund;

11. Invest in CD's;

12. Live off the interest!

Oh, I forgot, a new Ford Mustang Convertable and a horse!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved