The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#86643 - 09/09/06 05:03 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: Evie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm so excited you are here and look forward to hearing more.

Do you feel this accident changed you spiritually?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#86644 - 09/10/06 10:39 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: Dianne]
PamelaBlair Offline

Yes, I think it had a profound effect on me spiritually. Because of my limitations, I was forced to take life at a slower pace --- and when one slows down the mind and body, spirit has an opportunity to grow and take hold. One has an opportunity to hear that still small voice within. Having looked death in the face, I also became profoundly aware of the preciousness in every breath we take. What a miracle it is to see and hear, to walk and talk. If, as author Annie Dillard says, paying attention is prayer, then you might say that after the accident I was "praying" every minute of every day --- paying attention in ways I hadn't had the time to before....

#86645 - 09/11/06 03:54 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
How did everything that happen affect your marriage relationship? If that's too personal, please ignore.

Also, I've seen the movie, The Secret. It is definitely worth watching over and over. I love the principles and try to live them daily.

Do you think you were given a "second chance?" And as a result of this, a new purpose entirely?

JJ

#86646 - 09/11/06 03:56 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: Evie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ps---I meant to say to cut down on confusion and having to give answers in two different threads, we might want to stay in this thread for the "featured author" portion of your stay here.

#86647 - 09/11/06 05:00 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, I've got to tell you that I did your workbook, answered most of the questions and highlighted the heck out of it. We absolutely speak the same language. Much of what you've written about, I have also written or spoken about. I'd love to meet you one day and I think that may happen.

Anyway, want to give everyone a better picture of how your book is written because I think it will pique everyone's interest and you may sell some more books.

#86648 - 09/12/06 11:34 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: jawjaw]
PamelaBlair Offline

The accident had many good outcomes --- including strengthening my marriage. After his initial anger and upset over the circumstances, my husband showed a nurturing side I didn't know he had!

I believe every adversity has the potential enhance one's purpose in life --- but usually only in retrospect. While the difficult times are happening it's hard to gain the insight necessary for growth, although spiritual and personal growth is happening whether we acknowledge it in the moment or not.

#86649 - 09/12/06 11:42 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D.
PamelaBlair Offline

Hi Dotsie --- I'm delighted you've been working the workbook! At first the publishers weren't sure they wanted to make The Next Fifty Years a book you could write in, but I insisted. They were worried that it might end up being too big a book. Well it's a hefty book all right, but I'm so delighted with the way it turned out. As you've probably noticed, not every essay will relate to every woman. However, the book is meant to be an ongoing journal, so some of the essays become more relevant over time (i.e. you may not be a grandmother today, but you might be in five years). I also hope that some women will fill in the answers and hand the book down to another woman, perhaps their daughter, who will benefit from the struggles and wisdom they've written about.

#86650 - 09/12/06 11:44 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
PamelaBlair Offline

I'd like to know if anyone is using the study guide in the back of the book to start groups in their towns....

#86651 - 09/12/06 01:55 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
PAmela, the guide is wonderful, but I am so wrapped up in other things that it isn't soemthing I have time to do at this point. However, I would think it would be a great activity for a bunch of neighbors or colleagues to do together.

#86652 - 09/14/06 12:47 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D.
PamelaBlair Offline

Hi ladies --- I'll be leaving for my vacation in Maine tomorrow morning. We have a house on the coast which is especially beautiful at this time of year --- it's also where I do most of my writing. This time I'll be working on the next book, An Evolving Woman. I'll write from 7am to about noon, then "play" in the afternoon and evening. I hope to check in with the Forum as soon as I get settled --- probably not until Monday as it takes about two days to get to the house with one day of sightseeing detours thrown in. Have a great weekend and I'll be in touch!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved