The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#86653 - 09/14/06 03:52 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bon Voyage Pamela, have a wonderful, restful vacation while writing the next best seller...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#86654 - 09/15/06 12:29 AM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Did I hear her say come on over? JJ

#86655 - 09/18/06 01:18 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
In your dreams, JJ!

Maine should be beautiful right now. The leaves are beginning to slowly change here in MN.

Was it the book, Passages, where the author spoke of one traumatic event that changed her life? I believe a young man, who she was talking to, was shot in front of her eyes.

I believe we make a choice to grow from something or just have a pity party. I love your strength, Pamela.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#86656 - 09/21/06 12:59 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, this came Tuesday and I am just getting around to posting it. Sorry Pam. I was traveling yesterday.

Dear Dotsie ---

I'm finally in Maine (as of late yesterday). We stopped off in Vermont (Shelburne, near Lake Champlain) to check on our house there and to spend a few days wandering around the area. Here in Maine I'm struggling with the slow (phone line based) internet connection. Tried to sign into the Forum this morning and got a message that the web site wouldn't load. Don't know if it's at your end or mine. I'm going into town today (a 30 minute ride each way) to see if I can find a WI-FI highspeed connection I can tap into. In the meantime, would you please copy and paste this entire email into the Forum so the gals know I haven't forgotten them? Maine is so beautifu at this time of year, especially by the water where we are. From the windows of the house I can see Frenchmen's Bay --- the sunrises over the bay are spectacular. My writing perch is on the second floor and I began working on my next book (An Evolving Woman) at 7:00am this morning. I also have to prepare material for my speech at the next WomanSage conference in Stamford, Connecticut. So although it will be a relaxing time here, I'm hoping it will be a productive one as well.

Thanks for posting this for me, Dotsie. Hope this find you well and happy today!
Pam
Pamela D. Blair, Ph.D.
Author, Psychotherapist, Spiritual Counselor, Life Coach

#86657 - 09/23/06 02:26 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D.
PamelaBlair Offline

Hi there! Located a high-speed WI-FI connection on Main Street in Ellsworth about 30 minutes from the house. It's a great cafe with the most wonderful pastries and coffee. I'm sitting on a leather couch in front of the fireplace. My husband says we can easily stop here a number of times during the next week or so that we're here, so I'll be able to check into the Forum at those times.

The writing is going a little slower this year than it has in other years where the book just popped out of me! But, I am persisting. When I get back, I should have enough put together to send off something solid to my publisher. It's a rainy day here on the coast, but beautiful none the less. I'm off to one of my favorite haunts --- The Big Chicken Barn --- which has two floors of antiques and 1,000s of used books and big dusty overstuffed chairs to sit in. More later --- hope you're all having a great weekend. Pam

#86658 - 09/25/06 12:23 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pamela, where did you get the idea to make your book a workbook? Did that come from you ro the publisher?

I've noticed books tend to have more quotes, words of wisdom, thoughts to ponder, etc. scattered about in little boxes, different fonts, etc. Anyone else notice that? I think it's because it's easier to take in information in little bits. Thoughts?

#86659 - 09/27/06 08:08 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D.
PamelaBlair Offline

Hi Dotsie --- the idea for making it a workbook came from me --- I wanted the reader to create a personal log of experience --- something they could pass on if they wanted to. I have also been frustrated over the years with books that didn't offer room to write. So, I convinced the publisher to put lines for writing on after each of the questions. They were a bit concerned that it was going to end up being too big a book --- and it is!

I think the little "scatterings" you mentioned have more to do with design than practicality. That's about the only thought I have on that, Dotsie. So, are we going to meet some day? I'll be speaking at the WomanSage conference in Stamford, CT in October. Will you be there?

#86660 - 09/30/06 01:57 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D. [Re: PamelaBlair]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Unfortunately, I will mainly be going to physical therapy in October, but I plan on getting around to some conferences in 2007.

#86661 - 10/02/06 01:35 PM Re: The Next Fifty Years, by Pamela Blair, PH.D.
PamelaBlair Offline

Hi Dotsie --- I'm back from vacation and back to my home desktop computer. While I was in Maine, the power cord for my laptop malfunctioned and for the last few days I was without a computer to do the internet, but most unfortunately it stopped my writing in mid-stream!! Anyway, want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to be the featured author for the month. Wish it had been easier to manage the internet connection while I was traveling --- but we live and learn. You mentioned physical therapy --- are you willing to tell me (in a private email) what the therapy is for? I wish you well and look forward to staying in contact --- and to supporting one another both personally and in reaching out to other women. Take good care...Pam

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved