The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#78373 - 01/04/06 12:10 AM Bathroom
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey ya'll, I have a blank canvas bathroom which is very small, just enough room for the tub, pedastal sink and throne. Yet, need some advise. I painted the guest room in a bluish/teal as my off-white antique repoduction tulip bed looks striking against the color! Was thinking of painting the bathroom the same color, yet with a white or bone matelasse shower curtain w/ either 10" or 12" monogram in matching (as best possible) thread to the wall.

I actually wanted a horsey bathroom, but the fabrics are to much for such a small bathroom. Thus, I could compliment the above w/ a few victorian prints. I'm not a very well decorator, so appreciate your thoughts. Also, not certain what color bathroom matts to use. The linoleum is a goldish faux tile.

Thanks gals!

#78374 - 01/04/06 12:11 AM Re: Bathroom
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, the victorian prints I spoke of are of horses. So I may still cary some of a horsey theme.

#78375 - 01/06/06 10:01 AM Re: Bathroom
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm not sure how intense the bluish-teal guest bedroom color is. If fairly deep, you need to go a few shades lighter in the bathroom. Bright colors will bounce back in a small room; dark ones will suck in all the light.

The bathroom mats could either be a darker version of the wall color, or match the shower curtains.

I have 500 years of house decorating experience, and a house that is perpetually half-finished [Eek!]

#78376 - 01/07/06 12:02 AM Re: Bathroom
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I am horrible at picking colors!!!

We had my mom & grandmother pick their own new bedroom colors when we did the remodel for them.
Let's just say......it's very Easter basket in the "south wing"!!! [Smile]

We are hopefully redoing our bathroom this summer.
I am probably going to go with WHITE!!! [Smile] Since you can match anything with white....and it's an eye opener at 3am!! [Smile] (the new bathroom is NEON GREEN!!! "citra"!!! )

#78377 - 01/07/06 02:15 AM Re: Bathroom
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I tell you what I LOVE to do when I'm bitten by the decor bug...I go to Lowe's or Home Depot and go thru their mags...AND I also have a library of magazines here at the house. I go thru them and cut out the pic's of things I want for a certain room, color, or window treatment...even stuff like new kitchen cabinets, or stencils for a wall, whatever. This is how I get my ideas.

Also, I take a few Sundays and visit OPEN HOUSES to see what's hot and what's not....

JJ

#78378 - 01/07/06 02:40 AM Re: Bathroom
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ, that's what I do also. I through the mags and cut out the ones I'm attracted to. I glue them in a notebook and then go through them again, looking more closely at what attracts me about the picture. Choosing a color is very intimidating because there are so many pretty ones to choose from.

Daisygirl

#78379 - 01/07/06 03:41 AM Re: Bathroom
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It's downright overwhelming! I'm no decorator and I have to have help...LOL! The library has tons of great magazines they sell for 25 cents, 50 cents, and sometimes I'll pick up some of those if they have something in them I want to cut out for future use, too.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

JJ

#78380 - 01/07/06 09:50 AM Re: Bathroom
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
MustangGal ~
To keep your project from being so overwhelming, start with one thing in the bathroom. From your post, my guess is that you really want to use the horse prints.

Pull your color choice for curtains, rugs, towels and the such from those prints. Let them guide you.

Regarding your desire to tie in the guest room to this bathroom, keep in mind one detail from the bedroom and link it to the bathroom. It could be a theme, a color, a pattern, a texture. You don't need to match them exactly, just one "gold thread" that links them will do just fine.

Have any horse things in the bedroom? Reverse the plan and tie the rooms together with horses?

Hope this contributes to the cause!
My degree is interior design and I've been practicing for 11 years. My new endeavor is to be a Home Coach, which is doing just this.....helping people love where they live!

#78381 - 01/09/06 11:47 PM Re: Bathroom
Anonymous
Unregistered

Many thanks gals, I'm going w/ the horse theme. Will try to post a picture later upon completion. Am having the shower curtain made and will paint this weekend, found a great Ralph Lauren color at Home Depot in suede color that matches the brick colored riding jackets in the fabric print. May need new rugs in chocolate rather than the current green, but should not cost much as the room is very small. Also, Home Depot has a hanging mirror using your own ribbon, which most probably will be chocolate/brown velvet and my riding boots, velvet cap, and fox & hounds will pull it all together. Will add prints later after the above is accomplished! Using Stacy's idea, since some of the prints will not match this color combination, they will work in the guest room, thus an equiestrian bathroom, and a couple horse prints in the guest room!

Again, many thanks gals!

#78382 - 01/10/06 04:42 AM Re: Bathroom
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds wonderful. Imagine MustangGal going for a horse theme...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved