The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78309 - 12/08/05 01:37 AM Christmas Presents
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wondered what great presents everyone has for those they love and what everyone wants for Christmas.

The things under the tree that I love most are tiny little tricycles that look like bicycles for the babies (a boy two and a girl 17 months).

The boy's bike is primary colors and the girl's is pink. She'll love it. She's already such a diva.

I got the big kids a lot of things. But one of the things I like best is one of those little guys with a parachute for my daughter. When she was 3, I got her one and explained that you throw it up in the air, the parachute opens, and the guy comes down. I overheard her telling her sister "You throw the guy up in the air and he opens a pair of shoes then he comes down." It's a family story that we will laugh about again when she opens it.

I'm getting a puppy.

smile

#78310 - 12/08/05 04:49 AM Re: Christmas Presents
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Last year we drew names for Christmas, and decided to do so again this year.

Just so happens... I received my grandson's name, he's 15.
He called right away with his Christmas wish list.

On the list was a amplifier for his guitar. Any of the Nightmare Before Christmas...shirts, hoodies, caps, figures, movie dvd.
DVD of Corpse Bride, found out it doesn't come out until the 27th of Dec., plus any figures...shirts, etc.
Shopping this year really seemed like I was shopping for Halloween...instead of Christmas.
Pricey items...go figure.

Top of the list is a 92 Honda Prelude.

He still has another year to go on the car, it's not exactly in the $200.00 limit.

I asked Santa for some Old Navy jeans...just love the way they fit, plus whatever else he might want to bring down the chimney.

Whatever he brings will be just fine with me.

The present I truly enjoy giving is the one to the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank.
I pray not one family goes without food durning the year... especially the Christmas season.

#78311 - 12/08/05 05:41 AM Re: Christmas Presents
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I got my 3 year old nephew Clifford The Red Dog DVD's. He loves Clifford. My daughter and I always get each other a whole bunch of gifts. Some are little stocking stuffers, but we end up with lots to open. The family teases us about how long it takes us to open our presents. Last year we got each other gift cards to places we enjoy like where we get facials, the book store, the nail salon, etc. It worked out great. We were using Christmas gifts for months. We are going to do that again this year. I got my son a mall gift card and some clothes. We do more and more gift certificates every year. It's so much easier as far as running around, standing in line, wrapping and guessing sizes. They don't need to be exchanged either. We try to gear them toward the person and what he or she likes. We do a lot of restaurant ones.

Not sure what I'm getting my husband yet. Last year, I got him an Ipod. He loves it so much, it will be hard to outdo that one. I think I am going to get him a membership to the Y and if I can, some Red Sox tickets. He's retiring the end of this month and wants to join the Y again and he will be able to go to day games.

As for me, I already have my present. My new computer with a 21" monitor. I love it. It will seem strange on Christmas not to get jewelry, but I went practical this year. (He'll probably still get me a piece of jewelry.) [Wink] There are some interesting looking presents under the tree already.

Louisa

#78312 - 12/08/05 06:51 AM Re: Christmas Presents
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Smile, what breed puppy are you getting?

Brenda, I love Gap jeans also, they do fit good.

Louisa, I bought my son an iPod and he said it was the best present he's ever gotten. Now it needs a battery.

I'm giving my son and wife a Lowes gift certificate, but I did buy them something fun too. Have you ever seen those scrap metal lawn sculptures? They are usually an animal and I found one that is a boxer and they have 2. My DIL is into gardening and I hope they will like it. I bought my grandson a remote control dinasaur - he's 3.

I really don't have many people to buy for, just my son and family, a nephew and a few friends. All of the adults exchange names, but I think we're going just take a generic gift to give.

Daisygirl

#78313 - 12/08/05 07:15 AM Re: Christmas Presents
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
My husbands IPOD came with a charger, which is what we take with us when we go on vacation so he can use it on the plane, etc. His son bought him the dock for it. He hooked that up to the tv and keeps the Ipod on the dock when not in use. That keeps it charged up at all times when we are home plus the music that's loaded into it comes through the stero and the tv somehow. I had it coordinated so others got him Ipod related gifts, such as gift cards for Itunes. His sister and nephew bought him the Bose headset. He uses that instead of the earbuds that came with it. The sound is incredible. I brought the Ipod, charger and headset on vacation with us and he used it on the plane and when he went walking. Now he wants a thing that attaches to his cassette player in the car so we can listen to 3500 of his favorite songs while we are on a road trip. Yeah.
Louisa

#78314 - 12/08/05 06:53 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Louisa, my son has one of the originals and they had a problem with the battery. Now it will cost $100 to get if fixed!

#78315 - 12/08/05 07:40 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, aren't you and your hubby mod? When I think of Ipods, I think of the kids. My sons have them. I remember Lynnie's hubby has one too.

Smile, I thought of you last night while wrapping gifts. I ahd all these white gift bags and I used red tissue paper with them. I thought they'd look good under your tree! Tell us aobut your puppy...

#78316 - 12/09/05 08:54 AM Re: Christmas Presents
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My puppy is a yorkie. The step son you all prayed for when he had tick fever is married to a girl who somehow got given a registered yorkie. She bred it and it had puppies. I thought the mother was cute so Dan bought me one for Christmas.

We visited to make the final selection last weekend and the one I'm getting came right to me and snuggled up the whole time we were there. Not afraid or anything. I think it already knew me.

It was also a way to get some Christmas money to that neat little family without actually giving it to them.

I'm looking forward to it. It's so small and we live on an acreage so I worry that it might sneak out and disappear, but...

No name yet and it's a girl. We have Phatt cat who is male and I was trying to even things out around here. Any name ideas welcome. Chatty suggested Bitsy.

smile

#78317 - 12/08/05 09:10 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Smile, someone in my town was selling Yorkie pups (they are SOOOOOOOO adorable!!) starting at $ 1500. Is this a typical price? If so, that was some gift someone gave your DIL.

#78318 - 12/08/05 09:55 PM Re: Christmas Presents
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I loveeeee Yorkie's. I had one named Tuffy. She thought she was the toughest kid in town. She attacked a German Shepard that lived next door. That didn't end well for Tuffy. She survived... and wanted to get a piece of him again, but I managed to stop her... Lord, that Tuffy. I had forgotten all about her. She is in doggie heaven right now. Probably hunting down a GS...

JJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved