The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#77973 - 12/09/05 11:43 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
This one seems a little silly now. When my kids were little, we used to play the tape The Muppets Christmas with John Denver and sing along all the way to grandma's house. Maybe I should dig out that tape again. Hold that thought! Our car plays CD's now, not casettes.

Anyone know where I can get a potable cassette player these days? LOL

#77974 - 12/09/05 11:45 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Jackie, I still have that CD...it's one of my favourites. So much so that a few years ago when I realized I had given it away to someone, I had to go and order it again! So I ordered two copies, one to keep and another one to give away. Some of those songs are quite beautiful.

#77975 - 12/10/05 04:43 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My entire family always came to my house until last year where we had fried smelts and warm italian bread and salad. I remember this happening every year since I was a baby but then we gathered at my Grandmothers. We enchanged homemade Christmas cookies too. I remember the fish & bread was a symbol of Jesus feeding the multitude with a loaf of bread and a fish in the Bible. Now everyone is busy on Christmas Eve so I fry the smelts just for me, eat warm crunchy Italian bread and watch Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...thats my Christmas Eve tradition.

[ December 09, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77976 - 12/10/05 04:59 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
What a nice tradition, love the idea of the fish and bread...lovely.
No get together with family on Christmas Eve now...(remember you saying your son lives across town)?

#77977 - 12/10/05 05:02 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, don't be surprised if hubby and I end up on your doorstep next year for Christmas Eve! We don't do anything special on the 24th, just a light supper and maybe a game of dominoes with hubby's daughter and my brother.

We're already talking about doing something completely different next year, for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. Maybe we have to look into planning a stopover at your place Dec 24th, 2006...

[ December 09, 2005, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved